GDT: Toronto @ New Jersey - Thursday 7pm

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He's on IR out at least a week. Hildabeast time?
Hope so, that would be so interesting! I mean Stolarz was so good but still, 3 games in 4 nights to start the season probably isn't ideal so I would definitely consider letting the beast loose.

Didn't realize Woll was out for that long, boy that sucks. But hey, call me crazy but I'm still feeling pretty good about our goaltending.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Hope so, that would be so interesting! I mean Stolarz was so good but still, 3 games in 4 nights to start the season probably isn't ideal so I would definitely consider letting the beast loose.

Didn't realize Woll was out for that long, boy that sucks. But hey, call me crazy but I'm still feeling pretty good about our goaltending.
I would rather they start Stolarz for the first three games. Let him get some games under his belt early.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Mcmann in for Kampf tonight? Reaves and Lorentz were more noticeable in the 4th line and Kampf was barely being used for the PK.

Mindboggling how Kampf and his 2.4M are on this team

Reactions: Finger Licking Good

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I would rather they start Stolarz for the first three games. Let him get some games under his belt early.
I would agree if I wasn't a little bit concerned about injury risk. If it was mid-season, 3 games in 4 nights wouldn't be a concern but at the start of the season, I'm not so sure. And an injured Stolarz is the last thing we need right now which makes me particularly risk averse.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Please score a couple goals?

If the defence holds up today, I’ll start to buy the whole defensive brand we’ve tried to become. Montreal is….montreal, but this is a true playoff team now with a lot of talent

Reactions: Gary Nylund and bax

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Please score a couple goals?

If the defence holds up today, I’ll start to buy the whole defensive brand we’ve tried to become. Montreal is….montreal, but this is a true playoff team now with a lot of talent
I wouldn't expect too much as it's only the 2nd game of a long season. That said, this will be an interesting test for sure and a solid defensive performance would definitely be encouraging.

And score a couple of goals, yeah.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Honestly I was so surprised at how physical Paccioretty was. Caught me completely off guard. Even Tyler Bertuzzi wasn't throwing hits like this

You can also see the offensive flair is there too. He made some really sleek passes last night. His skating was strong enough too.

Im optimistic that he can be a solid player for us this season.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I wonder how long Matthews/Marner will stay together. It doesn't make any sense to me after Domi had so much success with Matty. To justify putting Matthews/Marner together they basically have to be the best line in the league outside of Edmonton, otherwise it makes a lot more sense to spread the wealth. Neither of them need each other to score.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Wouldn't surprise me if Hildeby is the team's starter by the end of the year..

Even if only by default because Woll and Murray are hurt and Stolarz only proves to be the backup goaltender he's been his whole NHL career.

Reactions: arso40

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Back to back after a loss, against the old coach. Which is Leafier, blowing them out or losing a heartbreaker to start the season 0-2? I don't know, but I do know that I'd be most shocked by a hard-fought 3-2 win tonight. Our Leafs only have one mode, and that's maximum drama at all times. If we aren't crying in jubilation or anguish, are we even Leafs fans?

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Mcmann in for Kampf tonight? Reaves and Lorentz were more noticeable in the 4th line and Kampf was barely being used for the PK.

Mindboggling how Kampf and his 2.4M are on this team
reeves too how did he not fight yesterday?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad