GDT: Toronto @ Montreal - Wednesday 7pm - SN

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I stand corrected lol

Even still, woll gets hurt way too much and this time he's gotten hurt before the season has started, how can we count on him in the playoffs if we can't even rely on him to start the season healthy

We can't count on him. He is Mr Glass

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He needs to be healthy otherwise it seems Brad reacted too fast in a contract. He's good if healthy but he isn't usually. If you aren't available, what good are you?

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
We have another goalie that can hold the net (Stolarz) while Woll is out.

It's not like we have a terrible back-up. We have a 1A and 1B situation so who cares who starts... for now its precautionary, if it turns out to be an actual injury we can then discuss his health.
Yeah, it’s not like our backup is Michael Hutchinson or Jhonas Enroth.

Reactions: Community

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Again, I think people are vastly overblowing his injury issues, but I guess we will see by the end of the season.
Mate, since leaving college and going pro, Woll has played a total of 120 professional regular season games over the course of five seasons. The most he played in a season was 32 games, which was his rookie season with the Marlies five years ago. That's 24 games a year, and if you only look at the last 4 seasons only it's 22 games/yr.
This post disapproves you. Nobody is overblowing anything. He's never healthy. He can barely make it a month before getting hurt

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I'm sure Stolarz came here just for this reason. This will be his shot as the net will most likely be his for the majority of the year.

Hopefully Woll has a speedy recovery and this truly is just some lower body tightness and just precautionary. It's a little difficult to be optimistic about him staying healthy for the majority of the year though. Hildeby looked good in the preseason too.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Based on press conference comments, thr management group has high hopes for McMann still... just felt like he didn't play well in preseason and is a bit off right now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play game #2 of the b2b in place of Pacioretty or Reaves and look good.
They liked Engval too....for a while. At 27, he needs to be what the coach wants and needs or he will be gone, the writing is clear. Just cannot understand how he doesn't respond. What would you do for 4m per.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Friends who are significantly more organized and ambitious than myself. Do we have a kind soul hosting the game-by-game predicition threads this year?

Leafs4Life77

Sep 30, 2009
Really have no clue why this org felt the need to re-sign Woll this summer and not at least wait half the season to see how it plays out. Especially with how it ended last year...

.964 SV% last playoffs, .933 SV% in his playoff career.

Small sample size for sure but he's showed extremely well in the most important time of the year two years in a row. It's a great risk/reward.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
>>> Rando Habs fan said: Can't wait to see the torch!! 🥰

Habs fans cant wait to see the torch.

Anyone know ?

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
I'd say the best term for Woll being held out is disheartening.

First game of the new season and your goaltender whose biggest question mark was his health, is again not playing due to his health. It feels like this is just going to be the trend, when you need him, you can't count on him. Just like in Game 7 last year.

I know Game 1 is not the same as Game 7, but I mean come on, the exact same issue comes up again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad