GDT: “Every day is a fresh start, a blank canvas to paint upon.” (Game #1 - Oct. 9) Flames @ Canucks [8pm MT.... 5am EEST on the 10th]

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I wouldn't mind insulating Wolf a bit this season, the team won't be great and putting the pressure on him instead of Vladar as "the guy to steal them some wins" could be really tough, he'll need the mental breaks as much as we can afford them.

Ride Wolf when he's hot and let him be the back-up when he's not. Find out what you really have in Vladar this season.

Reactions: Darth Vladar

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Kevin Rooney hattrick incoming
Glad to have hockey back, think the Flames can surprise some teams this year if their PP isn't total shit.

Give it a rest already.
Give what a rest? Mike Futa told me Wolf is souring. Now he's not getting the season opener.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Do we actually have anybody on the PP yet that has a hella quick release on a one-timer from the top of the circle and in?

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Honzek-outstanding. Big, strong, fast, good vision and hands. Oddly enough watching him in junior his shot always stood out to me the most but he hasn’t really unleashed that yet.

Coronato- played really well early but trailed off the last few games. Still think there is some Mike Cammelarri to his game if he can put it all together.

Brusztewicz-thought he played really well until the last period of his last exhibition game. I said it when we acquired him that he reminds me a lot of Rasmus Andersson, and Huska compared his to Ras as well. Just so much poise, elite vision. Just needs to get a bit faster and stronger.

Wolf-excellent until he got hung out to dry the last game. Played almost exclusively against vets with the rookies in front of him. He had a significantly better sv% than Vladar who mostly played rookie squads with veterans in front of him.

Klapka- very physical and chipped in offensively. He played well.

Parekh- I thought he got better and better as the preseason went on. Struggled in Penticton but I thought he played really well after.

Basha and Gridin also played really well. I like Gridin’s ceiling but he’s gotta get a lot quicker. Basha looks like a player, he’s really quick and has good vision.
Cammelleri is actually a really good comparable for Coro. Would love if that’s what he panned out to be for us.

Lombo and Klapka on that 4th line is gonna go hard asf.

LFGF 🔥

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Liking the +180 for this one, flames gonna get a couple wins early, expecting a better effort than last years first game (Marky made it respectable)

Edit: mixed up the first game last year with the 2nd one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad