GDT: Toronto @ Montreal - Wednesday 7pm - SN

Reijo

Sep 22, 2024
Pretty surprising to make such mystic revelation just before the any given sunday game night. And not to leave Woll's phone calm and peaceful. Why make a fuzz? Early on. Not gangsta. Nore not G.

Reactions: supermann_98

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
How do we know who performed well at camp?

All we know is what happened in some exhibition games. Far more "hockey" was played in training.... so I'd assume that the coaches are working with more information, than we have available.
Not to mention, the guys that have their spots locked up tend to often look pedestrian while the guys fighting for their lives are more likely to look like 'worldbeaters'

Reactions: Fogelhund

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I would expect that any booing of Leaf Players would be by that 'special group of Leaf fans' that may be in attendance.

Valid point but if that was the case why not just bring the player yesterday with the rest of the team?
Probably a non factor, its not like he left the Habs and joined the Leafs. He has played Mtl multiple times since leaving including a play-off series.
Yeah you guys might be right, definitely valid points. We'll see soon enough. Can't wait for game time!

Reactions: ACC1224

horner

May 22, 2007
Being Toronto and our injury history with our goaltenders
When he didn't name his goaltender for today's game it makes people nervous.
Berube dosent know the fire that he can set, now hildebeast is brought up.
Berube just be open and honestv with our goaltenders.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Why not bring up Murray instead of Hildeby?
Murray is probably hurt too.

Noting, calling up Murray would mean he'd have to pass through waivers too wouldn't it, when they were sent down again? Hildeby wouldn't have to pass through waivers.

Now having said that, if they actually need Hildeby, they'd have to send someone down to make cap space for him. There aren't many options for players who are waiver exempt at this point.. isn't it just Knies?

Last edited:

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Doubt he's hurt... he was just mentioning how excited he was to start in Montreal yesterday afternoon. Someone posted this on Twitter. Unless he pulled a muscle getting out of bed?

Reactions: ACC1224

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Why not bring up Murray instead of Hildeby?
Yea, wasn't that the point of signing Murray again ?

Noting, calling up Murray would mean he'd have to pass through waivers too wouldn't it,
I think that since he just cleared, he can move up and down for a certain period of time. (there may also be an "emergency call up" protocol)

Reactions: Fogelhund

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I can't see why they would send Stolarz to Jersey, and need to call up a goalie for backup. There isn't the cap room, and only Knies could be sent down, unless someone else goes on LTIR, which seems unlikely. In all probability, Hildeby is just going for a trip, to see what NHL action and a game is like. He can watch in the press box with Management.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Is it possible they sent Stolarz directly to Jersey and no injury to Woll? So Stolarz can be as fresh as possible? Hildeby can back up tonight, no big deal.
I think they’ve done this before no?

Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly but it feels like this exact scenario of sending the other goslie to the next game city has happened before

I’d much rather this than one of the being hurt/sick

Welp

Man couldn’t stay healthy 1 week into the regular season……

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad