Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Montreal - Wednesday 7pm - SN

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
I think we’ve gotta be cap compliant by tomorrow so I think we’ll see the moves today that put us under the cap. Really curious to see if there are any trades. Not sure how it’s done without one. I imagine the roster will be similar to the one that played Saturday with the addition of Robertson and Patches. And will Lily or Timmins get the nod opening night?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I think we’ve gotta be cap compliant by tomorrow so I think we’ll see the moves today that put us under the cap. Really curious to see if there are any trades. Not sure how it’s done without one. I imagine the roster will be similar to the one that played Saturday with the addition of Robertson and Patches. And will Lily or Timmins get the nod opening night?
No chance. Unless we have more than 1 injury or something. I think Myers is in the opening night lineup, assuming McCabe is also healthy to go

Reilly - Tanev
OEL - McCabe
Benoit - Myers
Liljegren - Hakanpaa
Timmons

Is what I expect the practice lines to be today

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Knies - Matthews- Robertson
Tavares - Nylander - Marner
Pacioretty - Domi - McMann
Lorentz - Kampf - Holmberg

Rielly - Tanev
McCabe - Lilijgren
OEL - Benoit

Woll
Stol

Is what I hope we run

Reactions: 67leafs

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
No chance. Unless we have more than 1 injury or something. I think Myers is in the opening night lineup, assuming McCabe is also healthy to go

Reilly - Tanev
OEL - McCabe
Benoit - Myers
Liljegren - Hakanpaa
Timmons

Is what I expect the practice lines to be today
Perhaps, because Myers definitely fits the size preference on the backend that Tre talks about. But having 4+ mil in healthy scratches doesn’t seem optimal. Wonder then if one of those two guys will be traded today.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I do not like McMann being scratched over the likes of Kampf, lorentz, holmberg or Reaves. Or even Paccioretty for that matter

Reactions: Skullz

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
McMann being scratched is very dumb, especially for Reaves

Should only be a game 1 thing if you want Reaves out there to fight Xhekaj

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The NYR won the Presidents trophy.
They play the Devils on Thursday.

I'd say Woll Wednesday, Stolarz Thursday

I agree that's probably what it will be but I wonder if it should be the other way around, Stolarz as looked so much better than Woll.

Make no Mistake Woll had moments where he looked spectacular but there were also moments where he didn't look 100% comfortable.

Stolarz didn't have those uncomfortable moments

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I agree that's probably what it will be but I wonder if it should be the other way around, Stolarz as looked so much better than Woll.

Make no Mistake Woll had moments where he looked spectacular but there were also moments where he didn't look 100% comfortable.

Stolarz didn't have those uncomfortable moments
Woll's play last year earns him the start.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
McMann should not be sitting
He's probably in for Pacioretty or Lorentz for game 2. That'll be his chance.

I feel like the 4th line shouldn't be getting a regular shift and more minutes will be distributed to lines 1-3. I'd guess approximately 20/20/15/5, obviously depending on special teams?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
We've Tried Nylander at center, it failed again, because of course it did.

Let's stop doing that
WE dont have a 2C caliber player on the team

You can try tavares there.instead but you still need to run Nylander and Marner at wings with him in that case, as playing only 1 with tavares will not be good enough as we saw last year especially vs bruins in R1

Regular season is for forming a winning roster and making winning habits/getting chemistry for the players.

We need to go either:

91-88-16
or
88-91-16

Whichever we go with, we need to stick to it for the season, and get that line great chemistry so they can dominate for the playoffs.

Knies - Matthews - Robertson should be a good 1st line at least comparable to 2018-2019 Johnsson - Matthews - Kapanen line we saw (likely better as 2025 matthews is better than 2019 matthews by far)

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
He's probably in for Pacioretty or Lorentz for game 2. That'll be his chance.

I feel like the 4th line shouldn't be getting a regular shift and more minutes will be distributed to lines 1-3. I'd guess approximately 20/20/15/5, obviously depending on special teams?

I think early in the season you've gotta roll 4 lines until guys find their sea legs.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think that's what we pretty much expected based on camp.

Isn't McMann hurt?

First I've heard of McMann being hurt.

That top 6 is loaded.

3rd line has me intrigued, 3rd line C for Holmberg? I'm not sure that works out but I'm also not sure it doesn't.

If it does that's a DEEP forward group

Reactions: ACC1224

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lorentz and Kampf to me are two identical players. I dont see the need to have them both in the same line. I honestly don't understand how Kamp's 2.4M hasnt been traded yet. Lorentz are far cheaper

4th line should be McMann - Lorentz - Reaves

Thats still a line with Size and Snarl, and also adds a offensive touch in McMann

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad