GDT: Toronto @ Detroit - Oct 3 7pm SN

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Good win against the NHL group. Depth on D is fine it seems. Lilly also lead the team in ice time. If he's really as bad as people say he is, and Berube isn't a fan, he certainly isn't showing it with how he's being played. Again he's been a primary PK option this pre season

At the very least, I do wonder how he's regarded league wide and if there is a good trade return to be had.

Is there a team in the league with a guy who projects as a 2C/3C that isn't quite sticking or getting a chance? I think of Grabovski all those years ago....

Reactions: horner

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Our goaltending depth is absolutely insane.

Woll and Stolarz look good but, Hildeby at #3 is wild, he's probably pushing for some starts on another team.

I expect teams will try to poach him in a trade this year if we're looking to upgrade.
I don't think he was going to sign a multi-year deal with the Leafs given how the offseason was going... Keefe's (terrible) handling of Robertson seemed to piss him off.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Sure Liljegren may of had the most ice time but I think that’s so Berube can see what he’s got in Liljegren. I wasn’t too impressed with him tonight or all of pre-season, he’s been meh.

Rielly - Tanev
Benoit - McCabe
OEL - Hakanpaa
Rafai - Myers

I’d be fine with that d group. Look into moving Liljegren in a deal for a center like Frost or Hayton.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Our goaltending depth is absolutely insane.

Woll and Stolarz look good but, Hildeby at #3 is wild, he's probably pushing for some starts on another team.

I expect teams will try to poach him in a trade this year if we're looking to upgrade.

As long as Woll can be depended on to stay healthy you might be right.

It's not a talent thing with Woll he just needs to prove he can be depended on to be healthy

horner

May 22, 2007
Myers and Rifai make timmins very mute, likely he's on waivers

Pacioretty is a no for me
Nylander is a no for me
Cowan needs time
Greb needs half a season with the Marlies
Kampf and Jarnkrok are easily replaced internally
Trade
Ljilgren does nothing for me
Kampf to much cap for what he does
Use there cap on a centerman

Myers and Rifai should be on the team

Kokkonen also plays a quiet steady game

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Missed it tonight unfortunately but just caught up on all the highlights.

Beauty game again by Robbie. Pat looked good. Stolarz with a bunch of beauty saves.

Don't get hurt on Saturday and maybe a trade and some waivers and get ready for Wednesday.

Go Leafs Go

horner

May 22, 2007
Kampf jarnkrok and Lilly can all go
Patches replaces jarnkrok
Holmberg replaces kampf
Riafi replaces lilly
Sign lorentz

Knies Matthews marner
McCann domi willy
Robertson JT patches
Lorentz holmberg reaves
Dewar

Reilly tanev
McCabe oel
Riafi Benoit
Timmons/hannapaw lol

Woll
Stolorz

Use some of the money from kampf 2.4
Jarnkrok 2.1 and lilly 3
Look at upgrading defense with the money left over
Myers needs to be on the team

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Great night. A lot of guys seem to be showing us that the gap between them and somebody currently in the lineup and making lots more money is not that large.

Rifai and Myers give us D depth for sure.

It's not hard to imagine Stolarz having a strong season as a 1B or guy pushing Woll for starts. He looked good.

Robertson taking a big step forward, which seems is possible for him. He has seemed almost dominant at times on the ice. Seven minutes of scoreless PK, five straight goals...our last five, three straight game winners.

I would like to see more of Cowan. He makes some good plays and he brings energy and maybe he can learn the NHL quickly. He has the skills.

It was nice to Niemela. I thought he looked good. We seem have a lot of organizational depth on the back end now...not top end guys but a lot of that could play NHL minutes on a decent or good bottom pairing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad