Proposal: Toronto-Chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
With multiple insiders touching on the Leafs and Blackhawks as possible trading partners, I think it's pretty clear what Toronto's needs are.

To Toronto-
Fluery 50% retention
Hagel
Murphy

To Chicago-
Mrazek
Kerfoot
Holl
Robertson
Kokkonen
1st Round Pick

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
should really simplify this

Leafs get
fleury 50%

Hawks get
2022 1st round pick toronto
Mrazek
Robertson
Conditional 2nd 2023 that becomes a third if the leafs dont win a round this year

the first round pick is roughly the value of fleury with retention. The cost for dumping Mrazek is Robertosn and the conditional pick which might be a bit light tbh due to mrazek's term but overall this deal is a lot closer imo

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

Leafs get
fleury 50%

Hawks get
Mrazek
Robertson
Conditional 2nd 2023 that becomes a third if the leafs dont win a round this year

the first round pick is roughly the value of fleury with retention. The cost for dumping Mrazek is Robertosn and the conditional pick which might be a bit light tbh due to mrazek's term but overall this deal is a lot closer imo

Robertson is a no go. The leafs need low cap impact players. With Amirov’s health he is the only one who fits this bill right now. Knies may soon join but he doesn’t have the offensive upside of Robertson.

Also Fleury said he doesn’t want to be traded

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Chicago doesn’t do this trade. Also, Toronto isn’t going to swing it the other way by dealing 3-4 of it’s top young pieces.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014

Leafs get
fleury 50%

Hawks get
Mrazek
Robertson

People always harp on leafs fans for making shit proposals but come up with these way overinflated proposals for leafs trade. Fleury is not getting that type of return

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
With multiple insiders touching on the Leafs and Blackhawks as possible trading partners, I think it's pretty clear what Toronto's needs are.

To Toronto-
Fluery 50% retention
Hagel
Murphy

To Chicago-
Mrazek
Kerfoot
Holl
Robertson
Kokkonen
1st Round Pick
What a joke of a deal. A bunch of nothing from Toronto other than the pick. Toronto adds Nylander to this if we’re serious about making the value equal.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
People always harp on leafs fans for making shit proposals but come up with these way overinflated proposals for leafs trade. Fleury is not getting that type of return
Well, at least you admitted that TML fans make really lopsided and lame proposals, like this one.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
You are not thinking about the money side of the deal; this proposal will cost the Hawks over $8m due to the retention of 50% of Fleury’s contract and taking on Mrazek’s $3.8m contract for the next two seasons.

So not only do the Leafs improve their goaltending situation, they create a lot of cap space and save actual $ moving forward. There is a price for that as well, not just acquiring Fleury.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

To Toronto-
Fluery 50% retention
Hagel
Murphy

To Chicago-
Mrazek
Kerfoot
Holl
Robertson
Kokkonen
1st Round Pick
MAF is staying put. This is the end

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

in case reading is a bit difficult i wrote that fleury with retention is getting a late 1st. Im guessing your issue is with part 2 of the deal and more specifically Robertson but dumping 2 more years of mrazek isnt going to be cheap. Again if you had actually read through the post instead of having an emotional reaction

the hawks are not going to be upset that they have the honor of taking on a bad contract for two years. If you find a cheaper place to dump Mrazek go right ahead

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
in case reading is a bit difficult i wrote that fleury with retention is getting a late 1st. Im guessing your issue is with part 2 of the deal and more specifically Robertson but dumping 2 more years of mrazek isnt going to be cheap. Again if you had actually read through the post instead of having an emotional reaction

the hawks are not going to be upset that they have the honor of taking on a bad contract for two years. If you find a cheaper place to dump Mrazek go right ahead
I read your proposal clearly. You're over valuing the retention of fleury, goalies don't typically go for high value, retention or not. Especially 37 year old rentals. And yes, I'm sure mrazek can be traded in the off season without giving up a first or a top prospect

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

To Toronto-
Fluery 50% retention
Hagel
Murphy

To Chicago-
Mrazek
Kerfoot
Holl
Robertson
Kokkonen
1st Round Pick

Dude, you KNOW that's not enough for Chicago to give up their good players. LOL. Jesus.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
I’m curious as to how the OP viewed the value here?

as in what’s the breakdown?

fluery @ 50% = ?
Murphy = ?
Hagel = ?
Taking on Mrazek = ?

would be helpful to understand the offer with context

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad