Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston -- game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Tomorrow nights game is rather immaterial to this teams future at the moment. They are off the rails and even if they squirm out of defeat, what does it matter?

This team bailed Keefe out during the slide around the ASG. If they went a few more games he probably would have been canned. Now you have an idiot that cant coach, who many of us have been saying for years now. The majority of fans have clued in and boo'd the team off the ice. Totally frustrated the crap out of MM and ruined that relationship most likely. Can you possibly as a manager mess this up any further? I don't think you can.

So yeah just live it up and pay 480+ for a ticket to a team that doesn't even show up in what is essentially an elimination game. Just wave the flag. Or do what they do in MTL, shit post them to hell. Make tiktoks of tossing out merch etc. Ridicule them and financially cripple them. Cancel Rogers and Bell services. Blame the parent companies for the failures publicly and then... Maybe you will get a team worthy of the logo.

End
If it's immaterial than why bother posting in a pre-game thread? Lots of threads for all these repetitive whines.

Reactions: Leaf Fans

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Not over yet, just dug themself a deep hole.

All is forgiven if they can pullout 3 straight wins against the Bruins. Don't care or know how they do it, but 10m+ needs to really suddenly step up, probably more & consecutively.

Reactions: Evilhomer

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Keeping Keefe essentially cooked MM here. Think about it. If the team was well coached and had special teams they are tied or maybe up right now. Instead poor coaching sheds blame on soft guys like MM and he is in shambles.

Coaching can negatively impact players reputations and team morale. These dopes don't get it lol

I disagree. They did the same things under Babcock as well. This speaks to the character of the players not the coach. Blaming the coach is letting the players off the hook.

Keefe and the assistants are not telling the top unit to dump the puck in and then not chase the puck. They are not telling Marner to give up on the puck every time a player comes in hard to hit him. He is not telling Marner to just use his stick to defend and poke at pucks.

These coaches are in the NHL. They have communicated adjustments over the past few months and the players are simply not executing them. Either they have tuned them out or their egos are so large they think their way is better or both

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

This reminds me of the Nylander situation. Keefe was pretending he was a game time decision and Liljegren was saying I hope he’s not out too long. Now Keefe is acting like Matthews will play but Tavares is saying we need our depth to step up without him.

Agree. If I were a betting man, I would bet he is out. Would be okay losing that bet!

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
told my family im becoming a mennonite if we lose. no electricity, no internet, no hfboards.

mennonite women dont shave their legs but im willing to ignore that part. and the whole going to church part as well. (i burn up at church).
Do u burn up at church? Are u some kind of demon? 😁

Reactions: keonsbitterness

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If it's immaterial than why bother posting in a pre-game thread? Lots of threads for all these repetitive whines.
Some of us are serious about winning. Some are serious about scalping. Some corps are grifting off the logo. When all is said and done the only fans that matter are the ones that only care about winning.

I don't know how a Leaf fan can not be upset or pissed by what has happened. Do you know how long it will take to get as lucky as we did with drafting AM MM and WN. Even if MM were traded for a D.

If this falls apart we could be waiting another couple decades for a sniff at a cup. 30 years since there has been a cup in Canada means something. Our odds are low as it is.

I just don't get your brand of fandom. Its like you are always indifferent to the team.

I disagree. They did the same things under Babcock as well. This speaks to the character of the players not the coach. Blaming the coach is letting the players off the hook.

Keefe and the assistants are not telling the top unit to dump the puck in and then not chase the puck. They are not telling Marner to give up on the puck every time a player comes in hard to hit him. He is not telling Marner to just use his stick to defend and poke at pucks.

These coaches are in the NHL. They have communicated adjustments over the past few months and the players are simply not executing them. Either they have tuned them out or their egos are so large they think their way is better or both

Maybe you are right. Regardless only a new coaching staff can test this theory.

Reactions: Altair

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Some of us are serious about winning. Some are serious about scalping. Some corps are grifting off the logo. When all is said and done the only fans that matter are the ones that only care about winning.

I don't know how a Leaf fan can not be upset or pissed by what has happened. Do you know how long it will take to get as lucky as we did with drafting AM MM and WN. Even if MM were traded for a D.

If this falls apart we could be waiting another couple decades for a sniff at a cup. 30 years since there has been a cup in Canada means something. Our odds are low as it is.

I just don't get your brand of fandom. Its like you are always indifferent to the team.
Again, what does all this crying have to do with tomorrows game?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
told my family im becoming a mennonite if we lose. no electricity, no internet, no hfboards.

mennonite women dont shave their legs but im willing to ignore that part. and the whole going to church part as well. (i burn up at church).
Imagine selling your soul to the devil for some puck luck, and your hockey team STILL being sh*t

Sorry to hear.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

1*xNlMxcYZ--FKfmOFAkM3Ww.jpeg

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I want to be wrong.

I want to be wrong SO FREAKING HARD. I want Mitch Marner to morph into a playoff God and rub my nose in it. I want Notsince67 to grandstand all over the place when it happens. I want Auston Matthews to be prime Matthews and carry the team on his back all the way to the Cup while snorting blow, pounding hookers and exposing himself to dairy cows. I want William Nylander to develop the world's all-time greatest haircut and to use it to distract opponents while crushing zone entries like a boss. I want Joseph Woll to mind meld Vulcan-style with Prime Hasek. I want all the homers and optimists and stuff to be completely right and for this team to climb all the way to the top of that playoff mountain and dump every bodily fluid all over the summit of that mountain. I want to travel to Toronto when that happens and pass out in the streets like a college student on a bender.

But I call it how I see it. I dream that I'm wrong, I truly do. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong and in this case I want to be. But when it comes to these guys, and this team...I don't think I'm wrong. I don't think they have it, I'm pretty confident they don't, and I'm just tired of it.
Well said, I think many of us echo your sentiments.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

This reminds me of the Nylander situation. Keefe was pretending he was a game time decision and Liljegren was saying I hope he’s not out too long. Now Keefe is acting like Matthews will play but Tavares is saying we need our depth to step up without him.

Matthews hasn’t exactly been a tower of power for 3/4 games in this series so if he’s out, it’s not like the Leafs will be missing some massive advantage. Maybe someone can be an Alyn McCauley for a night or two.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Some fans are just happy with status quo, man. Oh no, we can’t possibly lost Mitch he is a local kid. So the solution is to give him a fat extension? For what? Thanks for making the playoffs for 8 years, but not doing anything while in them.

Reactions: thewave

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You said maybe they arent performing because they checked out on the coaching staff. If that's the case they need new coaches and to see how they perform

We already did this with Babcock. A new coach won't fix anything. It's one part of the solution. This team is several moves away from where they need to be.

A whole new coaching staff and a true room rocking trade to break up this core.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
We already did this with Babcock. A new coach won't fix anything. It's one part of the solution. This team is several moves away from where they need to be.

A whole new coaching staff and a true room rocking trade to break up this core.
We have to give benefit of the doubt to them on him. Babs turned out a proven creep.

Keefe was just kept far too long.

Big trade agreed. Who? Everyone has an NMC.

I want someone like Mitch gone. Coaching doesn't matter. We've seen enough already.

I agree. NMC is hard. Management boxed us in

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I must say from how the injury looked and the time of year it is I’m surprised McMann isn’t at least skating. Have to think something is sprained or torn.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
No, I’m going to suggest they fleeced the Leafs for Kadri, fleeced the Islanders for Toews, developed Mikko Rantanen into a superstar out of the Marner draft, and went through a goalie carousel of Grubauer, Francouz and Kuemper to find the right mix, got Nichushkin cheap and completely built out their D depth by adding guys like Josh Mason whom many Leafs fans said was unworthy for our blueline.

But yeah, Makar showed up and they “finished last.”

Complementary pieces and they got arguably their best player from sucking, exactly what I said.

Also, the goalies don't matter, Kuemper had similar numbers to Samsanov, but they never found a good fit.

They want Manson traded now... a lot of fans wanted Kadri gone when he was suspended again.

You can pretend like all these complimentary guys were the reason they won (mentioning goaltending is laughable), but it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis