GDT: Toronto at Columbus - 7:30 TSN

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It's on my f*** it list.

I tell ya, it sure would be nice to see the team play more consistently that we're used to. So far so good, let's hope it continues tonight.
Thankfully 34 hasn’t mailed in a game yet, and 88 seems to have a bit more consistency from shift to shift at least so far…….

Reactions: Gary Nylund

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He also played pretty well against the Rangers the game before that.

I think he's earned a little more playing time. If you want to rotate a defender, Benoit probably could use a reset.
I’d still like to see a Myers/Benoit bottom pairing just to see if it would be as good as I thik it would be……

I am manifesting a Robertson break out game. He's pretty solid despite the goose egg stats.
He’s getting his chances, his luck us due to change sooner than later…….

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Yesterday was a complete game. The first one in a long time. Is it too much to ask for another complete game? Play hard, the right way, for 60 minutes.

Columbus is one of those "easy" wins, that I've come to dread.... and to top it off, it's that dreaded game 7. Break the curse.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Thankfully 34 hasn’t mailed in a game yet, and 88 seems to have a bit more consistency from shift to shift at least so far…….

Eh, Willy was not very good in the opener and against Jersey but he's been a Swedish stud in the last four games.

Matthews doesn't but could have 8-9 goals by now and is playing very solid and responsibly.

Mitch hasn't been bad but a little mercurial, but has his numbers.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I haven’t minded Benoit overall but we as a team, and he’s part of it for sure, need to cut down on the penalties. They will eventually bite us. The only saving grace right now is that our PK is like 8 or 9% better than last year

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Should be a fun game. Always important to see how they do on the 2nd game of a B2B. I'm betting Patches plays well, as he wasn't happy to sit before. And I hope Timmins stays in, because Liljegren contributes next to nothing.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
OEL is prolly going to need a second job to pay the 5K fine for "intereference," minor penalties only come with a fine when one wears a Maple Leaf I suppose

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They have a team with no Kent Johnson, no Boone Jenner, when I looked last night Merzlikins was day to day and Gudbranson was on IR, so they have a very beat up Columbus team tonight.

I know It's a back to back but this has to be a night where Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares, Domi, McMann, Knies and Rielly all show up and produce.

They have a beat up opponent tonight, this is a game they would lose under Keefe all the time.

They have to go out there and put it ON Columbus tonight

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I haven’t minded Benoit overall but we as a team, and he’s part of it for sure, need to cut down on the penalties. They will eventually bite us. The only saving grace right now is that our PK is like 8 or 9% better than last year

I like him too but he's been a BIG reason for all the Penalties

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad