Proposal: Toronto - Arizona

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
You have absolutely no clue who Niemela is. I would not be surprised if he's better than Chychrun 4 years from now.

upload_2022-2-26_10-56-14.gif

Reactions: KevinRedkey

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I know this is just a message board but these Leaf blockbuster posts are pointless. Didnt Dubas just say he isnt moving any top prospects

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Ok, i would add Sandin or Liljegren. That said, i think you are not aware of the type of prospect Niemela is.

I'm very aware. He's a very good prospect. He's still not an elite prospect though, and he isn't a substantial piece in a deal like this. As a Sens fan, I would happily offer our 1st, multiple prospects on Niemela's level, and more for Chychrun.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I know this is just a message board but these Leaf blockbuster posts are pointless. Didnt Dubas just say he isnt moving any top prospects

Good. I think he realizes that nobody that they can bring in outside of the organization is going to move the needle. Leafs are going only as far as the top 4 takes them. Moving top prospects and making blockbuster deals is pointless.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
1st, Robertson, Muzzin and Niemela

if this is basis of package, easy way to read it is
1st, Robertson, and Niemela for Chych

Now Leafs likely need to add, to convince AZ to take back Muzzin - Liljegren, Abramov, Knies, Hirvonen, 2nd ?

how bad is Muzzin hurt? Maybe Leafs LTIR him until playoffs (8 weeks) and have both for 2022 postseason?
figure out Cap crunch in summer

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I understand the 2nd part by why is it delusional to think that Niemela could be better than Chychrun in 4 years?

Could be better is one thing, saying you wouldn't be surprised if it happened is something completely different and shows a very obvious bias.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
if this is basis of package, easy way to read it is
1st, Robertson, and Niemela for Chych

Now Leafs likely need to add, to convince AZ to take back Muzzin - Liljegren, Abramov, Knies, Hirvonen, 2nd ?

how bad is Muzzin hurt? Maybe Leafs LTIR him until playoffs (8 weeks) and have both for 2022 postseason?
figure out Cap crunch in summer

Now way the only way ARI takes Muzzin back is for Matthews, Marner, Reilly PLUS 2 first round picks :D

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Could be better is one thing, saying you wouldn't be surprised if it happened is something completely different and shows a very obvious bias.

Instead of looking at it as an insult to Chychrun, it's more of a testament to how good of a young D Niemela is. Also those 2 statements are pretty much one in the same. If something "could" happen, why would anyone be surprised if it did happen ? Sounds like you're just upset Niemela is an elite prospect, weird. He's destroying Liiga, a mens league at 19 years old and is the leading D-man in points scored, and was awarded best D-man at the WJC. He has legitimate top pairing potential.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Instead of looking at it as an insult to Chychrun, it's more of a testament to how good of a young D Niemela is. Also those 2 statements are pretty much one in the same. If something "could" happen, why would anyone be surprised if it did happen ? Sounds like you're just upset Niemela is an elite prospect, weird. He's destroying Liiga, a mens league at 19 years old and is the leading D-man in points scored, and was awarded best D-man at the WJC. He has legitimate top pairing potential.

"It could rain today."

"I wouldn't be surprised if it rained today."

Very different statements, one is open to the possibility that it could happen, while the other makes it seem like it will happen.

I don't understand how you think those two things are the same.

I'm not upset that Niemela is a good prospect, but he is not elite.

I'm glad he has top pairing potential(in your eyes), potential seemingly being the key word there. To say that you wouldn't be surprised if a player (who has looked good in a lower tier league) will be better than one of the best young dmen in the league in 4 years, shows bias, it actually does, how you can't see that I don't know.

Last edited:

Holls Blackmail

“We’re not…how you say….pu*** boys here”
Oct 9, 2021
....Co
How about we trade you Travis Boyd and a top 10-ish protected first for Matthews. Arizona gets one of the league's top 2 or 3 centers (probably higher), also he's from AZ so we can market around him.

TOR gets Boyd who can fill in and be a solid bottom six guy for the Leafs moving forward. He's not really a top prospect, but more importantly he helps you get out of AM34's contract while also getting something for him in case he leaves after his contract is up in 2024. Plus the first round pick will help you draft another top tier prospect who can play with Niemela so Niemela won't be the only Toronto defenseman getting Norris votes when he's 22. Needless to say this will help Toronto in the long term especially if Matthews signs elsewhere.

What is this nonsense. smh

Could you pay the $11M+ salary bringing in 5K a night?

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Call me crazy, but I think the Leafs should be focusing on the right side in a trade for an established defenceman. Somebody to play with Sandin, not bump him down.

Reactions: PainForShane

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
Call me crazy, but I think the Leafs should be focusing on the right side in a trade for an established defenceman. Somebody to play with Sandin, not bump him down.

Arizona could currently be auditioning Chychrun on the right side for teams to see. He has been playing RD the last couple games with Kolyachonok as his parter at LD.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Arizona could currently be auditioning Chychrun on the right side for teams to see. He has been playing RD the last couple games with Kolyachonok as his parter at LD.
That's cause they suck on the right side! They are not actively shopping Chychrun. If someone wants to overbid then fine, as long as it's what GMBA is trying to build. LHD is probably our strongest position, while RHD may be our weakest. The Coyotes aren't trading Chychrun just to get back another LHD! And if the #1 is the best asset offered, then it would make sense to wait until the off-season and take the highest #1?
It is also somewhat of a joke to say so and so would be one of your top prospects when we have 8 picks in the 1st 50, so far. Moser was picked 60th in last years draft and is currently an nhler.

Reactions: PainForShane

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Chychurn is so overrated its actually hilarious. His numbers are awful and his track record as a top d doesn't line up with any of the elite defensemen around the league. I really hope the leafs don't go near a trade for this kid.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
If the Leafs acquired Chychrun without removing a big piece of their lineup, I think it could be an absolute game changer for them.

While there would still be some question in goal, I think adding Chychrun for futures would move them from Pretender to Contender for me.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
If the Leafs were trading for Chyrchun, Sandin would be the big piece going the other way. Doesn't make sense to have him blocked behind Rielly/Chyrchun on the left side anyways.
Also wouldn’t make sense to have Muzzin paid like a 2D playing as a 3rd pairing guy. I agree with you there. And the contract Chychrun has makes Sandin expendable in that situation. Which I would be ok with. You have to give to get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad