Proposal: Tor - Van

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Always ask yourself. Would you make this trade if the shoe was on the other foot? If you say yes or maybe, you're lying to yourself or have psychological issues.

True enough but this is the HF Boards and proposals like this are the norm around here.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Gotta add to get
Holls value is weird, I’d say at his peak it’s a 2nd and rn it’s more like 2 mid round picks(3-5)

Ritchie is a cap dump, straight up, takes value away from our offer

1st is a 1st

so basically this is
Boeser

for

1st, 3rd, 4th and a dump

Even as a leafs fan, I think other leafs fans would agree with me when I say that’s not near enough for boeser

Reactions: Cogburn

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Toronto needs a better top line winger than Ritchie or Bunting. Vancouver is struggling and could use a change.

To Toronto:
Brock Boeser (5.875 mil)

To Vancouver:
Nick Richie (2.5 mil) for salary balance
Justin Holl (2.0 mil)
2023 1st

Not going to comment on value... BUT

The players you've proposed the Leafs trade make a combined $4.5m. Boeser makes $5.875m. Where is Toronto going to get the $1.375m in cap space? (please keep in mind, once Mikheyev & Mrazek return, the Leafs are over the cap with their roster as is).

Furthermore, while the concept of Boeser "taking" Ritchie's spot in the lineup is fairly straightforward, who replaces Holl? At the very least, a warm body ($750k) will be required, so it's really $2m more in cap space that the Leafs would need to find.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad