Proposal: [tor] nylander for [van] kuzmenko+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
lol the Kuzmenko disrespect is so dumb
How is it disrespectful? He’s got one season where he absolutely fluked.

His shooting percentage is double that of Alex Ovechkin and he has absolutely no two way game to speak of.

If any trade exists between Toronto and Vancouver…

Nylander + Knies

For

Hughes

There’s really zero benefit giving any asset for a player who shot a mere 26% last season.

You’re literally saying he’s way better than the two best pure goal scorers to ever play in Pav Bure and Alex Ovechkin.

Absolutely zero chance of it.

Again he hits 24g. And will leave in FA unless Vancouver takes a late 1st or early 2nd round pick for him. Maybe a B or C project prospect on top.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
How is it disrespectful? He’s got one season where he absolutely fluked.

His shooting percentage is double that of Alex Ovechkin and he has absolutely no two way game to speak of.

If any trade exists between Toronto and Vancouver…

Nylander + Knies

For

Hughes

There’s really zero benefit giving any asset for a player who shot a mere 26% last season.

You’re literally saying he’s way better than the two best pure goal scorers to ever play in Pav Bure and Alex Ovechkin.

Absolutely zero chance of it.

Again he hits 24g. And will leave in FA unless Vancouver takes a late 1st or early 2nd round pick for him. Maybe a B or C project prospect on top.
No thank you

Nov 1, 2011
Because Nylander is what Vancouver fans think Kuzmenko is. He's twice the player.

Either way, we can’t afford him and we can’t afford the moves that would make us able to afford him.

Pretty simple.

The Leafs need cap space. The Canucks need cap space.

The Canucks can’t be the team that helps the Leafs cap situation.

Side note, do you really believe Nylander would be the best player on the team he goes to? Certainly wouldn’t be better than Petey.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Either way, we can’t afford him and we can’t afford the moves that would make us able to afford him.

Pretty simple.

The Leafs need cap space. The Canucks need cap space.

The Canucks can’t be the team that helps the Leafs cap situation.

Side note, do you really believe Nylander would be the best player on the team he goes to? Certainly wouldn’t be better than Petey.

Absolutely I do unless there is a clear top 5 player or something. He gets 2nd PP time in Toronto and always has his minutes cut in favor of Matthews, Marner, and JT. If he goes to a team where he is the guy on PP1 and gets actual PP time as well as fed 20 minutes a night of ice time he will be a 100 point, 40-45 goal scoring winger. Might even flirt with 50 one year.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
Without speaking to the value of the players here. I don't see Nylander as a good fit for the Canucks. I would think if they want to make a big acquisition they would continue to focus on defense instead of on another winger.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
If Nylander is soooo good then wtf would Leafs trade him??
If Eichel was soooooo good why did he get traded?

If Marchessault is soooo good why did he get traded? Why did he get left unprotected in the expansion draft?

If Jt miller is sooo good, etc etc etc. What a lazy and dumb argument, great players get traded all the time. Even the greatest of all time got traded.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
What’s funny here I don’t think Kuzmenko even has value to get you knies 1 for 1 let alone Nylander.

So many players have a career year being fed off other players.

Lindholm in Calgary is another.

I’m a flames fan and I am the first to admit Lindholm is an elite 2C you find on cup winners or a 1c you find on non-playoff teams.

Either way Treliving would never make such a bad deal.

If he’s trading you Nylander the target is going to be Hughes all day long in a bigger deal.

Everyone knows Canuck’s fans are crazy though. You all think Demko is 1a goalie.

And I am the guy who called out Brad Treliving when he could have bought out Monahan instead of wasting a 1st round pick on getting rid of him.

Was a coward for not calling Gaudreau out. Gaudreau cost them that buyout by leading them on. But then again who pays a 1st just to overpay for Nazem Kadri.
I think you guys have Huberdeau to worry about than worrying whether or not Kuzmenko hits 25+ goals again.

Context matters. Kuzmenko lead the league in tip in goals with 12. Kuzmenko also doesn’t shoot as much as any of the other players you mentioned with a lower shooting percentage. You can see why his percentage is skewed. No doubt Kuzmenko’s shooting percentage will drop when he takes more shots.

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
Wrong

Also did you just say "a mere 27% shooting percentage"??? What the actual f***
Well this tells you how fluky Kuzmenko was. He had a 26.8% shooting percentage. Next closest was 21.7% which gives an idea how unattainable a repeat will be.

As a I said he tops out at 24 goals this season and most teams are only giving you a low second or high first pick.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
No horse in this race. I wouldn't touch Kuzmenko with a 10 foot pole. One dimensional player who screams regression.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
Absolutely I do unless there is a clear top 5 player or something. He gets 2nd PP time in Toronto and always has his minutes cut in favor of Matthews, Marner, and JT. If he goes to a team where he is the guy on PP1 and gets actual PP time as well as fed 20 minutes a night of ice time he will be a 100 point, 40-45 goal scoring winger. Might even flirt with 50 one year.
You might need to see a doctor about your virus…

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
If Eichel was soooooo good why did he get traded?

If Marchessault is soooo good why did he get traded? Why did he get left unprotected in the expansion draft?

If Jt miller is sooo good, etc etc etc. What a lazy and dumb argument, great players get traded all the time. Even the greatest of all time got traded.
Lemieux never got traded

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
What are you referring to? Are you saying my comment about telling him to “disengage from the thread” was disrespectful ?

Because I already thought about that after I posted and agreed and apologized in my head. Well now publicly @credulous

Anyway, I would think Leafs would want 1st or Willander for sure. Which also I’m open to debate about.

If the Leafs decided to move Nylander (extended) he probably brings in willander+something small.

The Leafs certainly wouldn't get a slight downgrade on Nylander (kuz) and a 12th overall pick. Especially with teams knowing toronto is moving on from him due to him wanting too much money.

WishfulThinker

Jun 10, 2021
Trying to find a site that breaks down the types of goals Kuzmenko scored, but I felt most of his weren't flashy snipes or anything that traditionally evaporates when s% return to norm. Lots were just cashing on his chemistry with Petey and his willingness to play a tight traffic game.

Nylander is still the better player, just think Kuzmenko numbers are really only likely to drop because of the new coach and not because of his amazing flukey shooting year people are trying to sell here.

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
I think you guys have Huberdeau to worry about than worrying whether or not Kuzmenko hits 25+ goals again.

Context matters. Kuzmenko lead the league in tip in goals with 12. Kuzmenko also doesn’t shoot as much as any of the other players you mentioned with a lower shooting percentage. You can see why his percentage is skewed. No doubt Kuzmenko’s shooting percentage will drop when he takes more shots.
When he takes more shots?

Players don’t just take more shots.

Players typically are what they are at this point. They won’t magically turn from a pass first to shoot first player.

The fact is tip ins are FLUKES.

They are goals with an equally high percentage to be nothing.

He won’t shoot more and if he does he won’t score more either.

The flames are screed because of Treliving and it’s obvious.

I spoke with the flames management last year at one of their alumni meet and greets they put on for box owners and all the high value ticket owners.

I asked.

What was Treliving thinking giving away a 1st round pick when he could have bought out Monahan 2 weeks earlier for free.

But no Treliving is an idiot who doesn’t know how to evaluate players at all.

Gives Mangiapane a massive overpay.
Gives Huberdeau worst contract league wide.
Walks Gaudreau and Tkachuk to free agency.
Trades Tkachuk for Crap. The Tkachuk trade will be viewed as Gary Leeman 2.0 for Calgary.

Worst part is we gave the most valuable piece away to the Canadiens for free to take Monahan.

Kuzmenko has nothing to do with Calgary though and nobody is trading anything valuable for him.

If Kuzmenko is so great why are fans so quick to want to trade a guy who scored at twice the rate as Ovechkin.

Why? He’s unproven and could score 16 goals next season for all we know or who knows he pulls a Horvat and scored 54 goals.

The odds are he declines somewhat and 22-26goals is reasonable.

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
When he takes more shots?

Players don’t just take more shots.

Players typically are what they are at this point. They won’t magically turn from a pass first to shoot first player.

The fact is tip ins are FLUKES.

They are goals with an equally high percentage to be nothing.

He won’t shoot more and if he does he won’t score more either.

The flames are screed because of Treliving and it’s obvious.

I spoke with the flames management last year at one of their alumni meet and greets they put on for box owners and all the high value ticket owners.

I asked.

What was Treliving thinking giving away a 1st round pick when he could have bought out Monahan 2 weeks earlier for free.

But no Treliving is an idiot who doesn’t know how to evaluate players at all.

Gives Mangiapane a massive overpay.
Gives Huberdeau worst contract league wide.
Walks Gaudreau and Tkachuk to free agency.
Trades Tkachuk for Crap. The Tkachuk trade will be viewed as Gary Leeman 2.0 for Calgary.

Worst part is we gave the most valuable piece away to the Canadiens for free to take Monahan.

Kuzmenko has nothing to do with Calgary though and nobody is trading anything valuable for him.

If Kuzmenko is so great why are fans so quick to want to trade a guy who scored at twice the rate as Ovechkin.

Why? He’s unproven and could score 16 goals next season for all we know or who knows he pulls a Horvat and scored 54 goals.

The odds are he declines somewhat and 22-26goals is reasonable.

I see a very angry Flames fan yelling at the sky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad