Proposal: [tor] nylander for [van] kuzmenko+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
nylander (if he'll extend in vancouver) would make a great long term partner for pettersson and would give the canucks the dynamic goal scorer they lack. kuzmenko is reasonably affordable for the next two seasons which would help the leafs with their cap problems and his production would help offset the loss of nylander

the canucks would have to add, but is it feasible without the canucks giving up firsts or willander? basically everything else could be on the table

Reactions: Coffees

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It should be a non starter for the Canucks. Kuzmenko is cost controlled for a couple more years compared to what nylander will get.

I don't know their cap situation by heart but it sure feels like they could use more cost controlled scenarios, so this would be like shooting themselves in the foot.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Kuzmenko tops out at 24g this year and that’s being generous. He’s worth a 2nd to any GM league wide that’s it .
Kuzmenko is the real deal. He may top out at 24G this year but it’s coming with 50+ assists playing next to EP that’s for damn sure.

He can do it all offensively just like his centerman.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Now you're just serving up weak tea
What are you referring to? Are you saying my comment about telling him to “disengage from the thread” was disrespectful ?

Because I already thought about that after I posted and agreed and apologized in my head. Well now publicly @credulous

Anyway, I would think Leafs would want 1st or Willander for sure. Which also I’m open to debate about.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
What are you referring to? Are you saying my comment about telling him to “disengage from the thread” was disrespectful ?

Because I already thought about that after I posted and agreed and apologized in my head. Well now publicly @credulous

Anyway, I would think Leafs would want 1st or Willander for sure. Which also I’m open to debate about.
I understand what your saying and I don't really disagree that Leaf fans would want more. I doubt you get any takers on the Nick's side though.
Mostly i just wanted to play off your chosen HF name

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
why does vancouver do this? kuzmenko is underrated good and he likes it there.
This is the same guy that said Mark Stone is history

I understand what your saying and I don't really disagree that Leaf fans would want more. I doubt you get any takers on the Nick's side though.
Mostly i just wanted to play off your chosen HF name
I should have known.

I owe you a coffee

Reactions: Grinner

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Imo this isn't the worst idea but Vancouver has no cap room either so how / why would they take on Willie for this year and then have to re-sign him for significantly more than the 7m he makes now (Petterson needs a raise next year too). Other than that Nylander and Kuzmenko are the same age, around the same quality of player, the idea behind the trade isn't bad.

That said, Nylander's cap hit is 7m, that's a lot -- same amount that Vegas gave away for free twice (MAF and Patches). Because of that cap hit, Nylander will be hard to trade. But, if he indicates he's not re-signing in Toronto a deal will certainly be made, but not sure how much value Leafs will be able to get in return. Even though Willie's very good at that thing we call hockey

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
vancouver does this because kuzmenko is weak in his own end, slow and shot 25% this year. he's gonna regress. also because he'll be a ufa in two seasons and will either want a nylanderesque contract of his own or will walk. swapping him for nylander gets them someone they can extend alongside pettersson and brings speed and defensive skills kuzmenko is unlikely to ever develop

toronto does it because the cap savings are a big deal given their cap situation and because vancouver will surely add to get the deal done

vancouver's cap situation is problematic for a deal (especially if it also involves taking back murray or brodie in some way) but i feel like if you can land a player like nylander you are motivated to pay someone to take on garland or boeser or myers

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
Nylander is better than Kuzmenko but he's also gonna be twice the cost.

Cap efficiency wise Kuzmenko is the more valuable asset. Wouldn't make that trade. You can't just look at the player without considering their cap allocation

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
What’s the winning lotto numbers?
You don't know anything so please stop talking about how you know the future. Kuzmenko got 40 in his 1st year in NHL, he won't regress to score 2 goals in a year
Any blind fool can tell you his shoot percentage was absolutely unsustainable.

He was 1st In the league at 26.8%. One of the most reliable goal scorers in the league in Alex Ovechkin typically hits 13%.

If he can maintain 16-20% he will score 20-24 next season.

As it stands if Kuzmenko was truly some amazing elite young goal scoring talent Canuck’s fans would not be willing to unload him for “I can’t believe it’s not Butter” in William Nylander.

Canucks would get the better player with the better track record.

Not to mention if by some magic beans kuzmenko hits 30-40 next year he won’t be signing for a dollar under 12+ million in his next contract.

If anything you pray he only scores 20-24.

Look at Andrew Mangiapane. Idiot Brad Treliving made non stop mistakes. Giving a flash in the pan in Mangiapane the massive deal of as a big mistake.

You never give big money or trade star players for a guy with just 1 fluke season.

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
I wouldn’t even consider trading Kuz for Nylander 1 for 1, let alone adding a 1st or Willander to it.

No question Nylander is the better player, but Kuz is the more valuable player given his cap hit and terms.

No deal.
He’s in no world worth close to what Nylander is worth.

Kuzmenko will be asking for 12m if he manages to score 40+ again. If not 12-15m range. That is what a player scoring 40+ on an annual basis will bring you.

Kuzmenko isn’t worth anything because right now he’s just a lottery ticket you are hoping hits the jackpot.

He’s exactly the same player as Andrew Mangiapane just Mangiapane tries to play D.

Mangiapane was trying to hit a home run by asking for 48m over 8 years.

Imagine paying thet for a guy who got lucky to score 35 in a season but will never again hit 25+.

Gary Leeman. Same type of player.

You don’t win cups by giving guys like Kuzmenko above 4-4.8m a year unless they can prove 25g a season is going to happen.

I’d bet anyone right now he won’t hit 25+ this year.

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
What’s funny here I don’t think Kuzmenko even has value to get you knies 1 for 1 let alone Nylander.

So many players have a career year being fed off other players.

Lindholm in Calgary is another.

I’m a flames fan and I am the first to admit Lindholm is an elite 2C you find on cup winners or a 1c you find on non-playoff teams.

Either way Treliving would never make such a bad deal.

If he’s trading you Nylander the target is going to be Hughes all day long in a bigger deal.

Everyone knows Canuck’s fans are crazy though. You all think Demko is 1a goalie.

you should read up on his injuries.
And I am the guy who called out Brad Treliving when he could have bought out Monahan instead of wasting a 1st round pick on getting rid of him.

Was a coward for not calling Gaudreau out. Gaudreau cost them that buyout by leading them on. But then again who pays a 1st just to overpay for Nazem Kadri.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad