Proposal: TOR-NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Leafs:
Justin Holl
Mikhail Abramov
2023 1st

Islanders:
Scott Mayfield
Cal Clutterbuck @ 1.75Mil

- Leafs upgrade on D and add some toughness to their lineup for the playoffs. 1st may be a bit of an overpay but I think Mayfields great contract is going to warrant that. Isles take the downgrade on D for next season but get a promising prospect and a 1st to compensate.

Leafs after:
Bunting,Matthews,Marner
Kerfoot,Taveras,Nylander
Mikheyev,Kampf,Kase
Engvall,Spezza,Clutterbuck
Simmonds

Reilly,Brodie
Muzzin,Mayfield
Sandin,Lyubushkin
Dermott

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Not trading Mayfield and if we did Mayfield alone would get us a 1st in 2022 plus more.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Not interested in Holl or his $2mil AAV for next year. I don’t think the value is horrible but Mayfield is still valuable to the isles. It would have to be an offer they can’t refuse to move him now. Not saying he can’t or won’t be moved but with another year on his deal and his low AAV there is no urgency for the isles to move him now.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
isles might be comfortable with Grant Hutton finishing off the season in Mayfields spot if an offer too good to refuse comes across Lou's desk .

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
How about Kerfoot, Holl and a 2nd for Clutterbuck and Mayfield!
Kerfoot would be your leading scorer!

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Your top Line is terrible in comparison, I'd agree to that as well though if I were you.

Keefoot and Moll do not do anything for us. I don't care he has more points than some of our players.
He's a smallish player, 1 yr left at 3.5M than a UFA. IF, and its a BIG If we dealt Mayfield, it would take a lot and by alot I'm talking draft capital and young top spects. Not looking for a bottom 5th 1st rounder either.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Keefoot and Moll do not do anything for us. I don't care he has more points than some of our players.
He's a smallish player, 1 yr left at 3.5M than a UFA. IF, and its a BIG If we dealt Mayfield, it would take a lot and by alot I'm talking draft capital and young top spects. Not looking for a bottom 5th 1st rounder either.
So first plus an A prospect for Mayfield is the ask ?

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
So first plus an A prospect for Mayfield is the ask ?

David Savard, who is older, was a pure rental last year got a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder. Mayfield makes half of what Savard was making and is under contract next year too a a ridiculously low cap hit at 1.45M. A tough physical Dmen who excels in the playoffs. Toronto traded a 1st and 4th for Foligno. Again a pure rental at 5.5M.

It's going to take more than the 1st and 3rd rounder that Savard got.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
David Savard, who is older, was a pure rental last year got a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder. Mayfield makes half of what Savard was making and is under contract next year too a a ridiculously low cap hit at 1.45M. A tough physical Dmen who excels in the playoffs. Toronto traded a 1st and 4th for Foligno. Again a pure rental at 5.5M.

It's going to take more than the 1st and 3rd rounder that Savard got.
So a first and top prospect is the ask ? I only ask again because you skirted around the question without actually answering.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
So a first and top prospect is the ask ? I only ask again because you skirted around the question without actually answering.

I didn't skirt around the question. Again if we deal him, big if it would be a 1st, another pick and a spect

There will be a huge market for Mayfield, the price is going to go up and up.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I didn't skirt around the question. Again if we deal him, big if it would be a 1st, another pick and a spect

There will be a huge market for Mayfield, the price is going to go up and up.
Ok ill play along, how high of a pick and what level of prospect besides the first of course.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
What would the add need to be ? Those are 2 guys most of us would love to add. Good depth pieces that hit like trucks, something we don't have.
Quality to replace the 2 pieces that aren’t a 1st. Upgrade the prospect substantially.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Ok ill play along, how high of a pick and what level of prospect besides the first of course.

I'm not playing along though. I told you I'm not looking nor are the Islanders, but we get blown away by an offer we would consider it. I'm saying you have to give much more than prices such as Savard cost. Make of it as you will.
But I'm sure in the next few weeks Isles will get a bunch of calls.

Me personally... I don't see the need to move him. He's under control, and he plays a big part with the isles. There is no rush or reason to move him around the deadline.

Last edited:

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I’ve said it before. A top prospect and a 1st would be the ask this year. If I’m Lou, im targeting Knies honestly eventhough Leafs fans are convinced he’s untouchable. The trade won’t happen with Dermott/AHL players/bad contracts with term being involved.

Jan 21, 2018
I'm not playing along though. I told you I'm not looking nor are the Islanders, but we get blown away by an offer we would consider it. I just saying you have to give much more than prices such as Savard cost. Make of it as you will.
But I'm sure in the next few weeks Isles will get a bunch of calls.

Me personally... I don't see the need to move him. He's under control, and he plays a big part with the isles. There is no rush or reason to move him around the deadline.

Wow almost seems like you are convinced that the Isles can do no wrong!

You keep mentioning Savard as a perfect example of why Mayfield will receive a massive return. Why not use Devon Toews as a more relevant example instead? Your GM couldn’t even land a 1st for a top pairing Dman, yet you are expecting closer to two 1st round picks in exchange for Mayfield?

As you might have already noticed, Mayfield is going to be a UFA in a couple seasons, and we all know NYI is one of the most undesirable teams that free agents want to play for. Uncle Lou will either need to give Mayfield a big long-term extension, or lose him for nothing.

Me personally…I see the need for the Isles to move him. There is a big rush and reason to move him around the deadline, because next year he will be on an expiring contract.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I’ve said it before. A top prospect and a 1st would be the ask this year. If I’m Lou, im targeting Knies honestly eventhough Leafs fans are convinced he’s untouchable. The trade won’t happen with Dermott/AHL players/bad contracts with term being involved.
Mayfield doesn't carry that kind of value. Hes a number 4 defensive D with a decent playoff track record, who has a very good contract. The ask for chychurn from yotes fans for example was 1st sandin and Knies, you think Mayfield has anywhere close to the same value as Chychurn ? Even look at a player like Soucy from Seattle who is comparable, Seattle fans asking for a first. Point is Mayfield isn't worth the overpayment islander fans are looking for. There are just to many other D on the market for teams to pay what isle fans are looking for.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Mayfield doesn't carry that kind of value. Hes a number 4 defensive D with a decent playoff track record, who has a very good contract. The ask for chychurn from yotes fans for example was 1st sandin and Knies, you think Mayfield has anywhere close to the same value as Chychurn ? Even look at a player like Soucy from Seattle who is comparable, Seattle fans asking for a first. Point is Mayfield isn't worth the overpayment islander fans are looking for. There are just to many other D on the market for teams to pay what isle fans are looking for.
So put a respectable offer that isn’t a cap dump, mediocre prospect and mid round pick. The issue is that no one wants Dermott/Holl/Kerfoot or formerly trade Nick Ritchie in return. This is why this keeps going in circles. If there’s comparable guys, great. Go trade the end of the bench leftovers and cap dumps for them. The islanders just aren’t interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad