Proposal: Tor - NJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I'll echo other Leafs fans in that Sandin is highly unlikely to be traded. I also don't believe the Leafs can add both McLeod and Zacha, as they don't have enough roster spots up front.

That being said, I'd imagine that a package of Zacha & Severson might be really appealing to Toronto. I personally believe that the Leafs will try to move Muzzin in the offseason, and rely on Sandin as a #4 left side defenceman. Severson might be an ideal "#3".

For this year, hopefully get Muzzin back for the playoffs, run with Rielly-Brodie, Muzzin-Severson, Sandin-Holl or Lyubushkin. I think that's a really solid group.

As for Zacha, you've got a big body that can put up some decent numbers. He's your theoretical Ilya Mikheyev upgrade, and would likely have instant chemistry with Kampf & Kase, or perhaps plays further up in the linuep. Ultimately, a lot will hinge on his salary demends though, and whether he can be resigned in the Kerfoot ballpark or not.

As for what the Leafs give up, I can see Liljegren going in the deal if Severson is coming back.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Devils fans think he's a top pairing D-man, yet the eye test and stats suggest otherwise. Please keep him if he's so good, absolutely no interest in this pylon.
devils fans have seen him play on the top pair for far too long, to believe he can consistently play this role. but the devils fans have seen him flourish in a second pairing role with a stable defensive partner. since hamilton is out with an injury his minutes have drastically gone north and he leads the team in toi. in the first game against toronto he played over 29 minutes and after long shifts he often lacked the energy to execute his defensive responsibilities.

play him closer to 20 minutes a game on the second pair and you would get much better results.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
To Tor: Zacha + McLeod + Severson

To NJ: Sandin + Robertson

Devils don’t need more young players at this point. They need NHL impact players. Sandin could work, but there’s soon to be a logjam of defenders for the Devils so I don’t know how much they value him.

If Devils trade Severson, they likely want assets they can fit to fill their needs. I would want firsts and seconds.

If they flip Zacha, it’s for a similar forward production-wise or in a package for a top six forward that compliments Hughes/Hischier better.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Devils don’t need more young players at this point. They need NHL impact players. Sandin could work, but there’s soon to be a logjam of defenders for the Devils so I don’t know how much they value him.

If Devils trade Severson, they likely want assets they can fit to fill their needs. I would want firsts and seconds.

If they flip Zacha, it’s for a similar forward production-wise or in a package for a top six forward that compliments Hughes/Hischier better.
i don't agree.

if they can improve the quality of the young players the devils should be interested.

drafting for need is the second topic, which can create conflicting positions and i am one of the devils fans, who is preaching to draft rhd's.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
i don't agree.

if they can improve the quality of the young players the devils should be interested.

drafting for need is the second topic, which can create conflicting positions and i am one of the devils fans, who is preaching to draft rhd's.

At some point you have no where to play these players and their value to your organization isn’t all that high.

Robertson does very little to the Devils organization. Sandin may be redundant as soon as the end of next season with Mukhmadullin/Hughes turning pro and Okhotiuk, Bahl, and Walsh all looking for playing time.

Just does not make sense for the Devils to trade Severson, a top four D for which they have no replacement. If they got someone like Liljegren back to fill the RHD spot, maybe. But it’s more likely the Devils are better off getting first round picks and hoping to flip those to fill actual needs. Robertson isn’t really a need.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Severson is trash, Mcleod is a plug. Zacha is the only serviceable player in this proposed deal. Not worth giving up Sandin for, Zacha is a decent player but we're already extremely thin on D.
You know nothing about Severson if that what you think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad