Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Michael Bunting signs with the Maple Leafs (2 years, $900k AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
It’s gonna be tough, I figured they would move kerfoot to get better depth on the wings and use Engvall at C

Engvall isn't a quality #3 centre either.

That being said, the Leafs cap picture is fairly clear at this point. $4.6m left, 19 man roster, 4 spots open.

Lets say you assume Robertson ($800k), and Liljegren ($860k) bring the roster up to 21... you're left with $2.94m to sign 1 or 2 players.

At the very least, that's a $2m UFA winger and a league minimum player.

Drop Kerfoot (again either in a deal for another forward, or for futures and sign UFAs), and now you can acquire a $3m winger and $2.5m centre.

Drop Mikheyev (either in a deal for a better winger, or in a deal for a pick), replace with league min player, you gain another $850k. Do it with Engvall there's $500k.

Lots of options here for the Leafs to invest in 1 more established forward. I also think they really should be shopping for picks to use as deadline currency. Will be interesting to see where they go from here.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Michael Bunting is a soon to be 26-year-old who has played 26 games in his entire career. He had an extremely short run with a ridiculous shooting percentage. Now he's supposed to be a top 6 winger on a "contender"? Desperation. Good luck with it!
Desperation would have been signing him to be in the top six. His cap hit screams depth player.

Reactions: MatthewNylander

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Michael Bunting is a soon to be 26-year-old who has played 26 games in his entire career. He had an extremely short run with a ridiculous shooting percentage. Now he's supposed to be a top 6 winger on a "contender"? Desperation. Good luck with it!

It's 900k...

If it works out, great. If not, who cares?

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Really nice player. Seems to play well no matter what line he's on, but he's been especially good with Matthews and Marner. Now, they haven't played a ton together, but their results together are outstanding, nonetheless. Great pest too. Draws a ton of penalties.

zfEj8Xr.jpg

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Please don’t wait until then. We’ll eat half and take back like, Engvall to make salaries lesser (or someone else) for a 2nd, and you can have him today!

I'm not sure he gets a 2nd from anybody Colin Miller had significant potential at one time but that seems to have dropped

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I'm not sure he gets a 2nd from anybody Colin Miller had significant potential at one time but that seems to have dropped

11 points in 23 games so far this season, and is +4 (irrelevant stat, but would you expect anybody on this team to be a positive?). I think he’s recovered somewhat. Besides, you’d also paying for the retention. The cap dump is there to make his cost even less.

I’m sure a team would pay a 2nd to have a low end 2nd pairing dman, or higher end 3rd pairing dman, and only have to end up paying 500K on the season for him.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Say what you will about Dubas he has signed some amazing depth pieces and the Rielly deal is screaming for a home run.

Honestly the Mrazek deal is still questionable IMO but not the worst. About the only one that really kills us is Ritchie. Obviously the way it’s structured will make it easy to move in the offseason IMO.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Say what you will about Dubas he has signed some amazing depth pieces and the Rielly deal is screaming for a home run.

Honestly the Mrazek deal is still questionable IMO but not the worst. About the only one that really kills us is Ritchie. Obviously the way it’s structured will make it easy to move in the offseason IMO.

The Marazek deal is bad, it was the right idea, but the wrong guy it should have been Holtby or Halak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad