Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs sign Peter Holland (1 year, $1.3M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Trying to prove nobody wants him like the Wild did I guess. If he gets claimed no big deal I don't have him making the team anyway.

Was hoping maybe could get a 5th or something for him. Guess this makes that unlikely.

Mad Brills*

If he doesn't get claimed in the next 48 hours, the leafs can be re-assured that he won't be claimed in October

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Surprising, always liked Holland. Left me wanting more but I'd be surprised if a team doesn't pick him up. I feel like his game has room to grow still.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
What can I say, I was right again, if Holland is not claimed, he has no value. So now we can put Holland in the same catagory as Percy. "Player has no value, stop putting him in every trade package..."

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If he doesn't get claimed in the next 48 hours, the leafs can be re-assured that he won't be claimed in October

Not necessarily. If his arbitration case comes back negatively for him a team might be more tempted.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What can I say, I was right again, if Holland is not claimed, he has no value. So now we can put Holland in the same catagory as Percy. "Player has no value, stop putting him in every trade package..."

You might want to wait to gloat until he actually clears.

Actually hoping someone takes him now. I would prefer guys like Leivo and Brown on the team. Only wanted to qualify Holland in hopes of trading him. Just as well someone takes him off our hands now.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
ha, I remember listening to the TSN panel saying the Leafs fleeced us, and that we had given up on him too soon.

Mad Brills*

He won't get enough of an arb reward so the team can walk away, as well.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
You might want to wait to gloat until he actually clears.

Actually hoping someone takes him now. I would prefer guys like Leivo and Brown on the team. Only wanted to qualify Holland in hopes of trading him. Just as well someone takes him off our hands now.

I agree. Would also free up a contract spot.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Exactly. I actually think Holland is a solid player whom I would be happy to claim, but this proves he has no trade value. So many stop with the "Percy+Holland for [insert young top-4 RHD]" proosals?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
ha, I remember listening to the TSN panel saying the Leafs fleeced us, and that we had given up on him too soon.

I still can't get over the "Leafs Fans" on our forum actually thinking this guy is better than one of Kadri or Bozak.

Though it was more like the Kadri haters saying Holland was better than Kadri, and the Bozak haters saying Holland was better than Bozak. You know how to find and idiot troll when...

Still can't believe Carlyle played him for 4 minutes every game on the 4th liner to burn that 2nd :shakehead

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
He's someone who plays for 3 games like a 1st line center, then disappears for three months. Always had the potential to be a good 2nd line C, but not consistency. Alright at everything, not really elite at anything. Good on the PK.

He's a 4th liner on most teams in the NHL who can eat minutes and play special teams but you won't really notice him.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
But if he gets claimed, did he doubled his value then?

I don't think they really care either way.

Option 1: He gets claimed and they don't have to deal with him.

Option 2: Shows his value, easy contract to handle, gets a 2-way deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad