Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Kyle Clifford signs extension with the Maple Leafs (2 years, $762.5k AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vinny1983

Jun 23, 2021
This comment shows us how ill informed you are in terms of how the cap works. This has literally zero impact on the cap. You would think people who are in these boards to be a little more informed on how the league operates.

you’re right. I’ll retract my statement and keep it a mere “what a waste.” Interpret as you will you butt-hurt expert

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
if hes not on the roster it wont count against the cap
Id say its just a straight up waste of one of the 50 contract slots
and it's 2x
I hope he gets a chance and turns back into something useful but prob wont
Clifford's cooked
We're not even using all 50 and haven't for awhile... lol

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Always a bit surprised at the reactions signings like this get. The AHL is full of vet guys like Clifford, it's nothing out of the ordinary. Leafs just don't need to penny pinch on contracts so minimizes the risk of a waivers loss

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
By all accounts, he's a great leader in teaching younger guys how to be professionals. He probably provides more to the organization off the ice than on it, and I don't think many people are going to be claiming him off waivers. Seems like the ultimate low-risk move from Dubas.

Reactions: Ciao and Zonk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad