Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] G Matt Murray re-signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $875k)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
Cleared to play April 13. Convenient.
Perhaps you will enlighten us with your abundant medical knowledge what the usual time frame is for recovery after hip surgery. And please include details whether you are an orthopedic surgeon or a general surgeon?

Reactions: banks

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
And all 3 played in the playoffs last year.

Now do MTL’s roster.
Montreal's not trying to win right now and doesn't have over $45 mil invested in 4 guys who choke every summer. Their goaltending is all stop gaps until they're ready to compete.

Toronto on the other hand's goaltending tandem looks like a school project you assembled last minute from spare parts in your dad's garage because you went out drinking and forgot it was due.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Montreal's not trying to win right now and doesn't have over $45 mil invested in 4 guys who choke every summer. Their goaltending is all stop gaps until they're ready to compete.

Toronto on the other hand's goaltending tandem looks like a school project you assembled last minute from spare parts in your dad's garage because you went out drinking and forgot it was due.
Not trying to win, then overpay for a bust top pick for 7 years. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Lolonegoal

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
And all 3 played in the playoffs last year.

Now do MTL’s roster.

1. That was meant to be a joke about shot blocking, I really don't know why you took that as an offense.

2. That's your comeback ? Really ?

Habs are at the same point when you guys were tanking to get Matthews, Marner, Nylander and co. Let's talk again in a few years when we are at the stage of making the playoffs. Maybe we'll beat those multiple first round exits, maybe not, but I wouldn't be bragging were I in your shoes.

Also, the funny thing is we made it to the finals juste before our rebuild, I take that above what the Leafs have done (or haven't done) since 2004 any day of the week.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
The only reason this isn't good is they will undoubtedly feel the obligation to give him a chance if one of the top 2 G go down.

But one thing they don't have to worry about is him knowing his role and being a team player and positive influence.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I love having NHL experience in a #3 or #4 goalie. Every year there's a few teams who have to play the 3rd stringer for a while, and I'd rather throw someone to the wolves if they've been there before.

It happened to Toronto this last season with Dell. And it even happened to Edmonton in the playoffs!

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
hggV_u.gif

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I love having NHL experience in a #3 or #4 goalie. Every year there's a few teams who have to play the 3rd stringer for a while, and I'd rather throw someone to the wolves if they've been there before.

It happened to Toronto this last season with Dell. And it even happened to Edmonton in the playoffs!
Wakey, wakey. Dell was signed in 2020-2021 and he never played for the Leafs (nor the Marlies, for that matter).

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
The backup goalie competition will be tough in Toronto. It's a 3 way race.

My question is, when do they add a starter to go along with their backups?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad