GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I think Yzerman has done a mediocre job, but Ken Holland left a disaster. It's hard to recover from 6th overall Zadina when your other top prospects are Cholowski, Rasmussen, and Veleno.

Detroit should've kept tanking, but based on the direction they took, they should keep trying to get into the playoffs. Their chance to take the next step will probably be in ~two years if/when Cossa, Edvinsson, and Danielson are developed (I'm not sure about Kasper, I think he might be a depth piece).

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I would trade Nichushkin for Robertson, or Whalstrom in a heartbeat.

Give away the better player with enormous red flags to at least get a decent depth option for the forward group.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Regarding 3C, what's your idea with how to handle the cap after adding a 3C to push Colton to wing? Are you just spending some of the Landeskog/Nichushkin cap and then dealing with the cap fallout in November?

Agree on Kylington. Whilst hes stylistically more of the same as the Avs already have, it probably wouldn't hurt to add depth and push DeHaan etc down a spot in the depth chart.
My entire plan would be to spend all of Landeskog's salary and have him back for Game 1 in the playoffs. Give him the entire season to get ready.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
My entire plan would be to spend all of Landeskog's salary and have him back for Game 1 in the playoffs. Give him the entire season to get ready.
Landeskog needs to PLAY. We are beyond the point of holding him out to get him more ready. He's already missed 2 full seasons. He misses another one and he just might not be able to get back into the swing of the NHL anymore. I'm hoping for an October/November return at the latest.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
As much of an impact player as Nuke is when he is actually available (he’s one of my favourite Avs of all time when he is on the ice), I’m desperately hoping the management team is able to move him to someone willing to take the gamble
Yeah, Nuke isn't worth the gamble again in the playoffs. I'd bet he will test positive in the season again.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
One thing we can possibly look forward too, if he tests positive, his contract will be terminated/suspended indefinitely and we'll have 6 million to spend at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad