Proposal: TOR-FLA swap

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
There are these things called injuries. There's always a team or two scrambling for an NHL goalie of middling quality.

Would the Panthers risk waiving Berra to put him in the AHL? I can see the Sharks making a claim if they try to put him in the AHL.

The issue is that Berra will likely start the season in Florida while Luongo finishes recovering from his surgery. By that time, the Sharks should have their backup in place (Ramo, maybe?). When Lu comes back, I doubt anyone would claim Berra when Florida waives him - and if McKenna/Brittain are both healthy, I can easily see a scenario in which the Panthers "loan" Berra to a club in the Swiss league. In fact, I think that's EXACTLY what is going to happen.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
The issue is that Berra will likely start the season in Florida while Luongo finishes recovering from his surgery. By that time, the Sharks should have their backup in place (Ramo, maybe?). When Lu comes back, I doubt anyone would claim Berra when Florida waives him - and if McKenna/Brittain are both healthy, I can easily see a scenario in which the Panthers "loan" Berra to a club in the Swiss league. In fact, I think that's EXACTLY what is going to happen.

Plausible. Though the word is Lou may be set for opening night.

Gilligans Island

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area

I can see the Sharks starting the season with an AHL goalie like Dell or Armalis and then waiting for Berra or Berube to be waived (by the Islanders).

It's pretty unlikely for the Panthers or Islanders to carry 3 goalies for the entire season. If the Sharks wanted to sign Ramo, then I imagine they'd do so by now.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Plausible. Though the word is Lou may be set for opening night.

Yeah, but why rush him? Reimer/Berra will be just fine.

I can see the Sharks starting the season with an AHL goalie like Dell or Armalis and then waiting for Berra or Berube to be waived (by the Islanders).

It's pretty unlikely for the Panthers or Islanders to carry 3 goalies for the entire season. If the Sharks wanted to sign Ramo, then I imagine they'd do so by now.

Interesting to note: Grosenick has a 1-way contract this season, so I wonder if they're penciling him in as Jones' backup, with Dell/Armalis as the tandem for the Barracuda.

But yes, you're right - I can't imagine Florida carrying 3 goalies all season. I just think that when it's time for Luongo to return, most of the other teams will have their goalie situations straightened out, and aren't going to want Berra - and off to the Swiss League he'll go...

Gilligans Island

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Yeah, but why rush him? Reimer/Berra will be just fine.

Interesting to note: Grosenick has a 1-way contract this season, so I wonder if they're penciling him in as Jones' backup, with Dell/Armalis as the tandem for the Barracuda.

But yes, you're right - I can't imagine Florida carrying 3 goalies all season. I just think that when it's time for Luongo to return, most of the other teams will have their goalie situations straightened out, and aren't going to want Berra - and off to the Swiss League he'll go...

I doubt we'll go with Grosenick as our backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad