PTO: [TOR] F Steven Lorentz, Max Pacioretty, and Jon Gillies sign PTOs with the Maple Leafs; 21 others invited to camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
His skating was key. I'll be interested to see how the motor runs after a few really serious injuries into his mid 30s.

I really liked him in transition but I never really considered him a good static player ie) powerplay. It's the kind of player you wouldn't think would age well particularly given the mileage on his body, but let's see what happens.
Very accurate summary of Pacioretty's game, his current limitations, and the obstacles he will have to overcome to have success.

Even if he is a Leaf, I hope he bounces back. I have no idea if he will, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. At this point, it's all about his body keeping up, and Patches was a fitness freak.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Very accurate summary of Pacioretty's game, his current limitations, and the obstacles he will have to overcome to have success.

Even if he is a Leaf, I hope he bounces back.
Patches will earn a roster spot.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Dregger earns his paycheck by catering to the Leafs. Fatass earns his as a donkey model.
Robertson was not getting a contract offer from any other club or it would have happened already. Teams all have their own guys like him.
Yeah, clearly he wasn't given an offer sheet, but maybe it was floating around as a possibility. Maybe it wasn't. You seem bothered that Dreger said it was possible.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Absolutely love this signing for Toronto if it happens. Zero risk signing, maybe a 20-25% chance Patches is still an effective middle six forward, if so suddenly the Leafs aren't screwed at LW anymore. Probably a cheap deal too, if Patches is too injured you haven't really lost anything. Also good for the dressing room if he sticks. Good move Tre

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So if Pacioretty signs the Leafs have in no particular order.

Marner
Nylander
Jarnkork
Pacioretty
Robertson
Knies
Mcmann
Reaves
Cowan
Dewar
Holmberg
Lorentz

That is 12 wingers

11 of which we know can play NHL minutes.

There appears to be a logjam at wing

Reactions: nyisles4life

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Not sure Patches is what the Leafs need to go deeper in the playoffs but could definitely work if he's cheap enough.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Knies Matthews Nylander
Robertson Tavares Marner
Pacioretty Domi Jarnkrok
McMann Kampf Holmberg
Reaves Dewar Lorentz

• Love
Reactions: DitchMarner

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
So if Pacioretty signs the Leafs have in no particular order.

Marner
Nylander
Jarnkork
Pacioretty
Robertson
Knies
Mcmann
Reaves
Cowan
Dewar
Holmberg
Lorentz

That is 12 wingers

11 of which we know can play NHL minutes.

There appears to be a logjam at wing
Well probably will be injuries so it will all work out.

Reactions: exporta

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Knies Matthews Nylander
Robertson Tavares Marner
Pacioretty Domi Jarnkrok
McMann Kampf Holmberg
Reaves Dewar Lorentz

Under Berube it's hard to imagine Robertson playing above McMann but you never know. Especially if the plan is to give Robertson a small window to show he's a top 6/9 guy and if not, he'll be moved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad