Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] F Ryan Reaves to sign with the Maple Leafs (3 years, $1.35M AAV)

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Easy to dunk on the leafs for this signing but he’s not the reason why they are struggling . His cap hit can almost all be buried. East scapegoat to blame but everyone knows the reasons why but management doesn’t want to admit it.

He's the reason Kampf is playing 3rd line... so he definitely negatively affecting the team

He is a real factor in Canucks games. At least way more useful than Reaves imo

Yeah but if you hadn't gotten Reaves you would be able to retain Lafferty which is way more useful than Reaves. I guess Trev is destroying the Leafs similar to how he destroyed the Flames.

Lafferty is actually good, he just wasn't good in Toronto. I understand why they traded him... but the 3rd and 4th line would be 1000x better if they never signed Reaves and kept Lafferty

Reactions: Loimike

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Reaves might not be the problem, but he’s certainly not part of the solution. The summer of Brad v.2 looking similar to summer of Brad v.1 with a possible same ending, no playoffs!

Last edited:
Reactions: TS Quint

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Leafs are destroyed because they signed Reeves? When most of his salary can be buried in the minors? Had they kept Laffarty it would make the Leafs what? The cup favorite?
The Leafs need as much depth as possible when the inevitable collapse of their $10m+ players go MIA in the playoffs. Putting Reaves in the minors isn't going to help that. So when the Leafs homers that do play by play and color ask where the depth went (God forbid anyone hold Matthews accountable), this is part of the answer.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Reaves isn’t amazing but his contract also doesn’t hurt the leafs one bit. Both sides are right here, dunno what all the bickering is about
If Reaves didn't count against Leafs cap then I would agree with you but his money could have been better spent elsewhere. Again this is because your GM is terrible going after players like Domi, Bertuzzi and Reaves. They should have added depth and went after Hronek at trade deadline and players like Cole and Soucy to bolster that terrible defense.

Reilly-Hronek
Cole-Brodie
Soucy-Giordano/McCabe/Lili

That's much better than what they are icing now

Reilly-Lili
kilingberg-Brodi
Giordano- McCabe

And they would not have to sign Kilingberg and maybe kept someone like O'Reilly

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
If Reaves didn't count against Leafs cap then I would agree with you but his money could have been better spent elsewhere. Again this is because your GM is terrible going after players like Domi, Bertuzzi and Reaves. They should have added depth and went after Hronek at trade deadline and players like Cole and Soucy to bolster that terrible defense.

Reilly-Hronek
Cole-Brodie
Soucy-Giordano/McCabe/Lili

That's much better than what they are icing now

Reilly-Lili
kilingberg-Brodi
Giordano- McCabe

And they would not have to sign Kilingberg and maybe kept someone like O'Reilly
If only every GM in the league had your crystal ball lol

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
So you're gonna send Reaves out for Marchand on a play that wasn't even a penalty in a tied game but Leafs fans are trying to justify this signing as Reaves not being a liability.. Great logic there
Domi is his size, could have easily challenged Marchand. Same with Bertuzzi. Neither did anything. Again get your head out of your $** and understand what all three of these players were supposed to represent to our team.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Domi is his size, could have easily challenged Marchand. Same with Bertuzzi. Neither did anything. Again get your head out of your $** and understand what all three of these players were supposed to represent to our team.
Get my head outta my ass 😂😂. I think the point of my post went right over your head. Anyone "challenging" someone for a play that was a puck battle and not even called a penalty is idiotic. I don't care if it's Domi or Bertuzzi or whomever. A Leaf going out to take an instigator or retaliatory penalty in the third period in a tie game is a moron and obviously Keefe or the players themselves agree with me. Using your logic the Leafs may not have made it to OT and secured an extra point.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Get my head outta my ass 😂😂. I think the point of my post went right over your head. Anyone "challenging" someone for a play that was a puck battle and not even called a penalty is idiotic. I don't care if it's Domi or Bertuzzi or whomever. A Leaf going out to take an instigator or retaliatory penalty in the third period in a tie game is a moron and obviously Keefe or the players themselves agree with me. Using your logic the Leafs may not have made it to OT and secured an extra point.

How does Keefe agree with you LOLOL

He’s literally on record saying “I hated everything about it” in regards to response

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
How does Keefe agree with you LOLOL

He’s literally on record saying “I hated everything about it” in regards to response

He may have hated the lack of response right when it happened but he had the rest of the game to send someone out (Reaves) to respond but obviously he didn't correct. It was a tied game, why would you take a stupid penalty to hand a PP over to the Bruins. You don't understand that LOLOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad