Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] F Alex Steeves re-signs with the Leafs (1 year, $775k, two-way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_9200.jpeg

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I guess maybe he gets time if Robertson holds out/ is traded . Good AHL player but didn’t stand out much in the show imo .

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Is there any point in re-signing in Toronto, for almost the minimum, on a 2-way?

Be confident Alex...there are much greener pastures out there.
He'll be put on waivers and could end up on an NHL roster somewhere.

It really doesn't matter which team he signs with. This year his contract will be exposed to the entire league.

Reactions: kevistar

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
He'll be put on waivers and could end up on an NHL roster somewhere.

It really doesn't matter which team he signs with. This year his contract will be exposed to the entire league.
It kind of does. He could have signed with a decent/good team if he chose to. Or they were looking at him. Now if he goes on waivers he starts at the bottom.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
It kind of does. He could have signed with a decent/good team if he chose to. Or they were looking at him. Now if he goes on waivers he starts at the bottom.
Any team that claims him has to keep him on their NHL roster or put him back on waivers, and that's the break he needs.

He would be lucky to stick with an NHL roster -- any NHL roster -- and I don't think it matters too much if the team is good, bad or indifferent.

He's not an established NHL-calibre player, and he really isn't in a position to choose his spots.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I think Steeves can do something positive at the NHL level similar to McMann

I think if he was an UFA he could make a team like the Sharks or Hawks and go from there. Going to be hard to make the roster of a playoff team with what he has shown so far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad