Confirmed with Link: Centennial Authority votes to rename PNC Arena to the Lenovo Center

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
LenovoCenter_Rendering0824_16x9-scaled.jpg

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
We've been slowly moving our users where I work to Lenovo's for a couple of years. By and large, they've been pretty good. I don't really tend to get tribal over the various technology brands because they all have their issues and upsides. One thing I do think is clear is the the 80 machines we've purchased so far clearly made this happen.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
We've been slowly moving our users where I work to Lenovo's for a couple of years. By and large, they've been pretty good. I don't really tend to get tribal over the various technology brands because they all have their issues and upsides. One thing I do think is clear is the the 80 machines we've purchased so far clearly made this happen.
I've used various ThinkPads for work for the last 8-9 years and never had any issues with them.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
It helps motivate them.

"Well, boys... 40 down and 2 behind. You know what'll happen at 60."
Better than the Sidney Lowe era of NCSU:

"Well, boys. 2 down and 40 behind. No one knows what'll happen at 60."
"We don't play quarters in college, coach. So where the **** did you go for 2 minutes halfway through the first half!?"

the early ones when they acquired the ThinkPad line from IBM kinda sucked (circa 2005), but since then they're solid business machines for just about anything you'd need for work.
Yeah, I had them build me a custom job for a machine learning project back in late 2019, and it's still running well for me. IT keeps harassing me that the machine is no longer under warranty and I should replace it, but it's still more powerful than the standard "high perfromance" laptop I could get in their Lenovo contract. So I'll run this into the ground.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Ahhh so you made sure they got the duds :laugh:
Did you get their cheapo consumer grade stuff or the business class stuff? Because the business class stuff is spectacular. I have not heard great things about the entry level cheap laptops.

Best move for computers is to buy refurbished business class stuff. Even a few years old, it's far better than the new cheap stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad