Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] D Oliver Ekman-Larsson signs with the Maple Leafs (4 years, $3.5M AAV)

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Found he played with an edge under Maurice.
Assume Berube has him playing with a similar snarl?

He has been a beast. I have been shocked how physical he is.

Reverse hits/clearing the crease. He has Been very physical.

Not what I was expecting at all. He plays with Jake McCabe and he has looked like the more physical of the 2 to be honest

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
He has been a beast. I have been shocked how physical he is.

Reverse hits/clearing the crease. He has Been very physical.

Not what I was expecting at all. He plays with Jake McCabe and he has looked like the more physical of the 2 to be honest

I didn't watch the Canucks all that much, but I too was surprised at how physical he was with the Panthers.

Definitely a defenseman I would of liked to seen stay, but Zito had some tough decisions to make with limited cap.

Reactions: Jmo89

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I didn't watch the Canucks all that much, but I too was surprised at how physical he was with the Panthers.

Definitely a defenseman I would of liked to seen stay, but Zito had some tough decisions to make with limited cap.
I think the buyout was a big eye-opener, and the knee injury which made him nearly unplayable in Van seems to be behind him.

Couldn't pivot, slow skating and soft in front of the net. Glad he's reinvented himself, he seems like a good dude that just had a rough patch.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I think that having a bad contract and being acquired in a trade that people call one of the worst of all time are things that can wear on your mentally and affect your game. So, in this case, a change of scenery at a more realistic number might have been things that helped him

Reactions: Grantham

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Looks like he found a last part of career adjustment. Going from more technical aspect and losing a bit of that ability to being told to and getting used to using his physicality more. Less top end product, but more useful depth qualities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad