Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] D Chris Tanev signs extension with the Maple Leafs (6 years, $4.5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
You really think he was going to get less than his last deal? With the contracts that have been signed already?
He probably could have gotten more in two or four year deal. But I think it’s around market value and feels a little rich with the term. Don’t get me wrong, we needed someone like him but paying a 40 year old defensemen(who’s already a little injury prone) 4.5 million understandably won’t sit well with a lot of fans whom are looking towards the future.
To be totally honest I’m not sure he’s a dramatic upgrade over Brodie when he has his head in the game, which to be fair he hasn’t as of late

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I don’t like it. It’s a risk for sure.
Of course you hope he is a unicorn that lasts to 40 but unlikely

If you get 3 good years and LTIR that’s ok i guess. Seems like a big risk for that to work out.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
In which case he gets bought out or robidas island. Lol at people who think he’s actually a leaf for 6 years

You should have done that to Brodie then. Players get worse as they age without being permanently injured

Pretty much a role of the dice each year praying he's injured during the TDL

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Most overrated dman gets 27 million retirement package, oft-injured and slowing down , Oilers exposed him in playoffs last season

• Haha
Reactions: Albz

Demigod11

Jun 28, 2021
Why have a GM position at this point? You don't need a thousand dollar suit and a fancy job title to get bent over like that during contract negociations, just let the janitors handle it.

Blank check and full NMC for everyone! Also make sure to sign them for as many years past retirement age as possible, and also give them free access to the GM's wife.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Didn’t the NHL just put out guidance against these kind of deals where extra years are added on purely to keep AAV down? Wonder if they do anything about it in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad