Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] D Chris Tanev signs extension with the Maple Leafs (6 years, $4.5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Obviously he's not expected to be good for the duration of the contract. They gave him six years so he could get the money he wanted and they wouldn't have to pay more than an average of $5 mil per season.

He probably won't be playing by the sixth year.
Max. Three years I'd give. If you can afford it, I guess it's no problem.

TopG

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Have people not realized yet the leafs will find a way out of it when they need to. 6 years doesn’t actually mean they’ll have him 6 years lol. It’s more so just his financial security for the next 6 years

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Too many years and too much money

Fingers crossed the leafs can do some damage in the first 3 years of this deal

I really thought if the deal went past 4 years the AAV would be in the area of $2.5-$3.5

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
This is an "all in for next year" move if I've ever seen one. It's a fine cap hit for him next season, certainly wouldn't want to be holding the bag for him with 3 years/$4.5 million AAV per left when he's 38, but they likely hope they can LTIR him before then.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Does he have a no movement clause?
Full NMC throughout. I suspect most deals signed today in that range or higher will have full NMCs. But as usual, I could be wrong. I sswct he would have gotten a similar deal frm any of the teams that were interested n - that is, primarily teams that are looking to make a run in the next two or three years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad