Proposal: TOR - ARZ and TOR-SJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Coyotes need our prospects and young players. You have your own. Quit trying to trade young Leafs you don't want for young Coyotes you do.
Sandin is a top 4 d at 21. Trust me we want him and we certainly aren't going to trade him for a fringe top 6 forward in Crouse.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I can say the same thing about Robertson that you said about Wiesblatt. But no continue to overrate your guys.
Difference is Robertson has had success in the Ahl and is playing really well on our 2nd line so you would be lieing.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Coyotes need our prospects and young players. You have your own. Quit trying to trade young Leafs you don't want for young Coyotes you do.
I mean... Coyotes are apparently open to trading 23 year old Chychrun and Crouse is older

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Difference is Robertson has had success in the Ahl and is playing really well on our 2nd line so you would be lieing.
You know who looked like a top 4 D and had success in the AHL too? Joakim Ryan. Or how about we stick to your claim of second line and AHL? Benn Ferreiro.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Middleton is the only piece with any real value from the sharks and he won't get Robertson. The other pieces from the sharks hold little to no value. Take out everything but Middleton and the leafs would be fine paying a 2nd plus decent prospect for him.
And what worth do you asign Knies?

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
You know who looked like a top 4 D and had success in the AHL too? Joakim Ryan. Or how about we stick to your claim of second line and AHL? Benn Ferreiro.
Doesn't change the fact that even those players were ahead of where ozzy is right now.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016

To be fair Robertson has been pretty incredible at each level.

He posted historic numbers as an 18 year old with 55 goals in 46 games along with 86 points in his draft +1. This was the highest goal per game in an O season since Lindros. He put up almost a ppg as a 19 year old in the AHL, and has been a ppg at 20 in the A while getting some NHL time.

That's significantly better than Ferreiro or Wiesblatt we're at that age... Wiesblatt is under a ppg in his d+2 in the WHL. I know he's on a bad team, but Robertson was in the A almost at a ppg.

That being said the trade makes little sense for both teams. San Jose should not be trading young prospects, and Leafs should not be giving up the better prospect, as well as the better depth forward.

I would rather make this simplified.

Travis Dermott + 2nd for Jacob Middleton + Nick Bonino

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Doesn't change the fact that even those players were ahead of where ozzy is right now.
Oh were they? Perfect you’ve just proved you have no idea what you’re talking about. You know who else is above Robertson right now? Andrew Cogliano. So basically by your logic you should be banging down the door to get him for just Robertson.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

He posted historic numbers as an 18 year old with 55 goals in 46 games along with 86 points in his draft +1. This was the highest goal per game in an O season since Lindros. He put up almost a ppg as a 19 year old in the AHL, and has been a ppg at 20 in the A while getting some NHL time.

That's significantly better than Ferreiro or Wiesblatt we're at that age... Wiesblatt is under a ppg in his d+2 in the WHL. I know he's on a bad team, but Robertson was in the A almost at a ppg.

That being said the trade makes little sense for both teams. San Jose should not be trading young prospects, and Leafs should not be giving up the better prospect, as well as the better depth forward.

No interest in Dermott as he likely wouldn’t be any more than a number 5/6 on our team. Switch him to a prospect like Hirvonen or another 2nd and deal.

Reactions: themelkman

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Crouse is barely a 2nd line player and thats with his shooting percentage way up and being fed minutes he would never see on a contender. If you love him keep him, he's not worth a 21 year old top 4 d.
Gladly keep him. He’s not available according to BA, anyway. He’s a young, heavy power forward. Arizona is so light in the pants as it is, we need him.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
The hf way is to make offers for just the guys you want for just the guys you're willing to give up. That and if a prospect shows a modem of success he becomes an untouchable.
For the leafs there is absolutely no reason to move sandin or knies. Sandin is fantastic and getting better and knies could play in the NHL for the leafs this year. Sandin replaces Muzzin and knies will eventually join JT and Nylander on Line two.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Gladly keep him. He’s not available according to BA, anyway. He’s a young, heavy power forward. Arizona is so light in the pants as it is, we need him.
Thays great I'm glad hes doing well for Arizona.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
For the leafs there is absolutely no reason to move sandin or knies. Sandin is fantastic and getting better and knies could play in the NHL for the leafs this year. Sandin replaces Muzzin and knies will eventually join JT and Nylander on Line two.
Isn't the idea to improve the team going into the playoffs

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

We dont really want Dermott. Would rather get another pick

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
As a Sharks fan I'm only addressing that element of the OP's trade
Although Yote fans hardly seemed enthusiastic about that part
Being ignorant of players doesn't make a poster correct. How many 21 year old top 4 d get traded the answer not many. Sandin will be better then Reilly its just a matter of how long it will take.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Being ignorant of players doesn't make a poster correct. How many 21 year old top 4 d get traded the answer not many. Sandin will be better then Reilly its just a matter of how long it will take.
I'm really only addressing the Sharks part
I have no opinion one way or the other on Sandin

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I'm really only addressing the Sharks part
I have no opinion one way or the other on Sandin
The sharks part is simple. Robertson already plays 2 LW on the leafs and has been very good. He has speed, a great motor, an excellent shot and surprisingly has excellent playmaking abilities. Robertson looks to be the player who can fix that hole at 2 LW and will compete with knies for the job in the next few years. Why would the leafs trade him at all. Middleton for leafs 2nd+ hirvonen is fair and that should be it.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
The sharks part is simple. Robertson already plays 2 LW on the leafs and has been very good. He has speed, a great motor, an excellent shot and surprisingly has excellent playmaking abilities. Robertson looks to be the player who can fix that hole at 2 LW and will compete with knies for the job in the next few years. Why would the leafs trade him at all. Middleton for leafs 2nd+ hirvonen is fair and that should be it.
Op's offer was for more than just Middleton.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Op's offer was for more than just Middleton.
My point is the leafs have zero need for those other pieces, they are just filler. Engvall actually plays on our 3rd line and it has been fantastic all year. Middleton is the target if any and he is not worth Robertson in a 1v1 trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad