Value of: Top 6 Winger to the Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
The problem is his qualifying offer:

"DeBrusk’s contract expires after 2021-22. He will be a restricted free agent. The left wing will be due a qualifying offer of $4.41 million, which is 120 percent of the $3.675 million average annual value of his contract. It is a big number for a left wing who, until Thursday against his hometown Oilers, had been parked on the fourth line.

An acquiring team would have to believe in DeBrusk in a big way. First, it would have to put up assets to the Bruins’ liking. It would then have to determine an approach to keep DeBrusk under team control: either by issuing him his $4.41 million qualifying offer or by not tendering the 25-year-old and negotiating a cheaper contract before he tests unrestricted free agency. A team serious about DeBrusk would not risk trading for the 2015 first-rounder and seeing him walk for nothing."

Why the Bruins haven't been able to find the right trade for Jake DeBrusk so far: 'It's such a hard trade from both sides'
Talking about Debrusk QO...

Have you look at the Meier one?

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
How does Severson, a 2022 1st and a 2023 2nd for Boeser sound?

Tough to give up Boeser but the Canucks need a quality RD plus draft picks. Devils gets a great scoring threat.
About 2 weeks ago Devils GM said he thought it was too early to be trading assets for a goal scorer. One of the Devils co-owners commented at intermission of the Flyers game that the team is thinking medium to long term. I do not think the Devils would consider trading the 2022 1st given that, the goal tending situation, and Nico and Graves being in COVID protocol

Reactions: hidek91 and Forge

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
In my opinion that the Devils need established players now more so than another pick. Of course we need to continue drafting and supplement the roster with cost controlled players as our core needs to get paid. However we need to start surrounding our young kids with legit established talent to help them develop and grow. You cannot expect Hughes and Mercer to carry their offence alone. It’s getting the balance of prospects and established players that makes or breaks a rebuild. I just think we might trash players confidence and development by not supporting them enough.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
In my opinion that the Devils need established players now more so than another pick. Of course we need to continue drafting and supplement the roster with cost controlled players as our core needs to get paid. However we need to start surrounding our young kids with legit established talent to help them develop and grow. You cannot expect Hughes and Mercer to carry their offence alone. It’s getting the balance of prospects and established players that makes or breaks a rebuild. I just think we might trash players confidence and development by not supporting them enough.
Agreed. Not saying y'all should deal your 1st, but you don't want to be Buffalo where you are trapped in a hole. Important to push for playoff spot and teach young guys how to win (even if you miss playoffs this year).

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
About 2 weeks ago Devils GM said he thought it was too early to be trading assets for a goal scorer. One of the Devils co-owners commented at intermission of the Flyers game that the team is thinking medium to long term. I do not think the Devils would consider trading the 2022 1st given that, the goal tending situation, and Nico and Graves being in COVID protocol

Boeser isn't a mystery box tho. He's an actual player (rfa). Fits the age range

As a neutral fan... this is fair and makes sense. I'd love Boeser on the Jets but that's not happening

Shellshockedfrom2011

Aug 9, 2021

Hmm seems like there is a conflict between this post and the thread.

Shellshockedfrom2011

Aug 9, 2021

As a neutral fan... this is fair and makes sense. I'd love Boeser on the Jets but that's not happening

IMO they have lots of young players plus prospects. Could use another high-end player with some experience to help out.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Well if he doesn't get it, with the season he's having, he could easilly get something close as a UFA
Agreed but its $10M per correct? If so having a banner yr is great but a look back to his .6 ppg does not justify it to me. Would have been a great pickup this past summer

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
No chance NJ is trading their 1st with them in full blown free fall, no matter what other Devil fans think or believe, it just not happening.
They absolutely need top 6 wingers but they’re probably looking more at DeBrusk level than 1st round pick level.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country

He is an excellent player and what the Devils need. I was just trying to point out that the front office does not think the time is right for the Devils to make this type of move. A lot of Devils fans on OTOH would like to do something like this. The type of trades the Devils will likely be making are off season type of trades.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Boeser could likely be had. Though theyll wait till after the trade freeze to make that decision and give Boundreau a chance with him.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Not sure severson is the type of RHD Canucks need. How’s his defensive side of the puck? Not overly familiar as we don’t hear a lot about the devils on the west coast. We need a younger version of tanev haha!

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Devils first gonna be a top10 pick most likely

if they trade it, will be Schneider for Hovart all over again. Three solid years of a player that leads you nowhere for a shot at a young player that can contribute for 10+ years

only way I'd trade it would be in a package for a guy like Laine, but no way CLB trades him so...

Maybe try something for Mangiapane as Flames gonna have troubles to re-sign him and Johnny

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
still selling short on tarasenko?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad