Value of: Top 6 winger for picks and/prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BubbleGumPlant

Jul 2, 2012
While JVR would be my first choice, what's the asking price for Patrick Sharp? Bergevin can't get enough of his Blackhawk players!

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
s4pgyt.gif

hahah I lol'd

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
McCarron for JVR is an easy hell yes for me.
Curious what the +(+) would be?

Uhh I'd easily to McCarron straight up for JVR...

In all likelihood, it'd be McCarron + for JVR.

A big goal-scoring winger in his prime, sign me up.

Looking at his numbers since he arrived in Toronto, he's played 80 and 82 games in 2013-14 and 2014-15, respectively, and scored 30 and 27 goals respectively in those seasons. 18 goals in 48 games in 2012-13 pro-rates to 31 in 82 games, and 14 in 40 games prior to injury this season pro-rates to 29 in 82.

He's good for 25-30 goals each season, as he's proved it in the last 4 years, and did I mention he's right in the middle of his prime. That kind of production can be expected for at least the next 4-5 seasons. You're telling me that you wouldn't trade McCarron straight up for JVR. I understand McCarron is one of our best prospects, but we're trying to win the cup now while Price, Pacioretty, and Weber are playing at their best. Our chance to win the cup with this core is the next 3 seasons, and adding JVR would be a huge boost to that goal.

Again, if we got JVR, we could ice a line-up like this:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
JVR - Plekanec - Gallagher
Carr - Desharnais - Shaw
Andrighetto - Danault - Byron

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

Price - Montoya

Cap would have to be figured out, maybe Bergevin will finally ditch DD. Shaw can play 3C, Andrighetto can move up to 3RW, and one of our numerous 4th liners can play 4LW.

That's a cup caliber offense.

Plus, if they can pry Shipachyov out of Russia, Habs could be looking at...

Carr - Shipachyov - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

But Habs biggest issue is a partner for Webber. Beaulieu isn't looking to be a top 2 guy. More top 4.
So they either need Sergachev to develop fast or they hunt a top 2 LD.
I'd do the JVR deal, but I'd still be looking for that LD

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
While JVR would be my first choice, what's the asking price for Patrick Sharp? Bergevin can't get enough of his Blackhawk players!

Dallas has no reason to trade Sharp. It would put a hole in our top 6 and while he have some good prospects to fill in long-term they need more seasoning at the AHL level .

What Dallas needs is a long-term solution for Goaltending or a sure-fire Top 2 Defenseman to partner long-term with Klingberg. Not something Montreal has to offer .

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
McCarron for JVR is an easy hell yes for me.
Curious what the +(+) would be?

Plus, if they can pry Shipachyov out of Russia, Habs could be looking at...

Carr - Shipachyov - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

But Habs biggest issue is a partner for Webber. Beaulieu isn't looking to be a top 2 guy. More top 4.
So they either need Sergachev to develop fast or they hunt a top 2 LD.
I'd do the JVR deal, but I'd still be looking for that LD

Top 2 LD? Let me introduce you to Matt Hunwick :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad