Value of: Top 6 winger for picks and/prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
We're not gonna get top 6 wingers for those players - except maybe for the aging kind. Might as well just keep developing them.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
We're not gonna get top 6 wingers for those players - except maybe for the aging kind. Might as well just keep developing them.

We still have 1st round picks, guys like Juulsen, Scherbak...

Pretty sure we can get a top 6 player from rebuilding team with this kind of assets.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
The only two players that you listed who would get a legitimate top 6 winger are labelled untouchable.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The issue is, no team is openly rebuilding like the sabres/leafs did. Vancouver should but they aren't.

Yeah i thnik you are right on this.

On the other hand, you have the expansion draft coming.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
You hope JVR could net you a McCarron type of return. Not happening.

Please tell me this is not a serious post? Bergevin would include his first born child with the deal if he was offered JVR straight up for McCarron!

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Please tell me this is not a serious post? Bergevin would include his first born child with the deal if he was offered JVR straight up for McCarron!

Oh, it was a very serious post. You're kidding yourself if you think JVR could get you McCarron.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I feel like McCarron is exactly the type of prospect they'd get for JVR from the right team (a team looking to win a cup within two years). That probably isn't Montreal.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Oh, it was a very serious post. You're kidding yourself if you think JVR could get you McCarron.

I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time responding to this because you've clearly got some very expensive homer glasses on if you honestly believe that, but I can't help myself. Even if this was the trade deadline and JVR was a pending UFA, you'd still be adding to McCarron in a trade. Given the fact JVR's got two years left on a great contract, I doubt McCarron is even good enough to be the main piece in that deal.

I get that he's your best forward prospect and all, but that doesn't magically make him a blue chipper and anything close to JVR's value. Again, I realize I'm obviously not going to convince you here, but go ahead and start a poll about who has more value between JVR and McCarron if you want to see how far off you are on this one.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time responding to this because you've clearly got some very expensive homer glasses on if you honestly believe that, but I can't help myself. Even if this was the trade deadline and JVR was a pending UFA, you'd still be adding to McCarron in a trade. Given the fact JVR's got two years left on a great contract, I doubt McCarron is even good enough to be the main piece in that deal.

I get that he's your best forward prospect and all, but that doesn't magically make him a blue chipper and anything close to JVR's value. Again, I realize I'm obviously not going to convince you here, but go ahead and start a poll about who has more value between JVR and McCarron if you want to see how far off you are on this one.

Well, now I know I wasted my time if you think McCarron is our best forward prospect.

Take care.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Well, now I know I wasted my time if you think McCarron is our best forward prospect.

Take care.

He's ranked either #2 or #1 on any MTL prospect list I search so don't act like I'm way off on that one. If he's not your best forward prospect, that's only hurting your cause in this debate as well. Here's a few lists that don't even include McCarron in the top 50:

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.436669

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect-rankings/preseason-prospect-rankings-2015-16/page/1

JVR is ranked 25th in goals per game in the last three seasons in the entire league. You're telling me that a player with that resume and 2 years left on a great deal could not net a prospect ranked outside the top 50? Seriously? Just say that out loud to yourself, I'm worried about you!

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010

Take care.

No arguments to even back up his claims :laugh::laugh:

McCarron has never put up amazing/enticing points - maybe 1 year with London.

JVR is a proven 60 pt producer 30/30 type power forward. Legit first liner. Buddy, Beregevin would be all over Mccarron++ for JVR.

You seem to be astonished at having a big player in your lineup - something Montreal has lacked in the recent decade.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad