Top 5 best GMs currently

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ned Bouhalassa

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
Don Sweeney should be in the top 5. 700 games into his tenure, his team has the best record.

IMG_0838.png

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Sorry but if you havent been the GM of a team that has even attempted to win yet, you might be a good or even very good GM, but you have zero claim to being current top 5 or maybe even top 10.

Anyone can strip a team down, trade for picks and draft players who may or may not form a contending roster in the future. Getting from playoff caliber to championship calibre is what sets the best GMs apart from the rest imo

McCrimmon, Nill, Zito, Sweeney, BriseBois

This seems like a good top 5 imo

Last edited:

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Brisebois over Allvin for sure. Allvin might get there but I don’t think there is enough track record to justify him over Brisebois’ cups in Tampa
Brisebois....Nah, Yzerman built that entire foundation and just handed over the keys to the Cup to him. The Cups should have Yzerman's name on them, and I am in no way an Yzerman or Wings fan.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Brisebois....Nah, Yzerman built that entire foundation and just handed over the keys to the Cup to him. The Cups should have Yzerman's name on them, and I am in no way an Yzerman or Wings fan.

Nope, not in my opinion.

Brisebois had as much fingerprints on those cup winning teams as Yzerman did.
He has been an AGM with Tampa since 2010.
He hired Jon Cooper for Syracuse and before being promoted to GM in 2018 he had assisted in all aspects of player personnel decisions, analytics, player development, contract preparation and negotiation, as well as salary arbitration for the Lightning and Syracuse

They do not win without the fairly bold moves he made after becoming GM either.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Not sure how people could put GMs that have only done a rebuild or part of one in the top 5 lmao. Gathering picks and assets is the easiest thing to do in this league. Insane you can say a gm is top 5 when they haven't even accomplished anything of recognition. Just because you got a bunch of high picks doesn't mean it will turn directly into success.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Not sure how people could put GMs that have only done a rebuild or part of one in the top 5 lmao. Gathering picks and assets is the easiest thing to do in this league. Insane you can say a gm is top 5 when they haven't even accomplished anything of recognition. Just because you got a bunch of high picks doesn't mean it will turn directly into success.
As a Montreal fan when you've seen one GM fail to do even that, it's comparatively amazing what Hughes has done.

Whether it pays off remains to be seen, but I think a lot of people are voting for him relative to the absolute donkey we had before.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Not one person has chevy on their list. That’s crazy to me. He has star prospects, players and even a coach wanting out left right and center and here’s Chevy turning lemons into lemonade.

Chevy is playing beagm on all star mode, while brisebois and zito are playing on easy mode

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad