Proposal: Top 4 RD to Utah

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
I don't think they'll even consider an offensive RHD @ the moment. Utah will see who they can bring up from Tucson 1st. The only person I can see Utah having interest in is Savard and it's way too early in the season for the Habs to consider it and I don't think Utah would paid the asking price anyways. I could say the same thing about Andersson too.
Right now Utah's best option is in Tucson!

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Timothy Liljegren would probably be the "ideal" add, as somebody that has long term upside for a team that should still probably be thinking long term...

Question is -- are the Leafs prepared to part with him "for space and picks" rather than wanting a player in return.

There's a lot to like on Utah's roster -- in a perfect (and unrealistic) world, Liljegren+ gets you Hayton. As another poster mentioned, maybe it's as simple as McBain-Liljegren; which of course brings up the question of whether or not McBain is a material upgrade on what Pontus Holmberg brings in a #3C position.

Obviously, I'd imagine Utah's preference would be to do a "straight add" -- and if they can't get Lily for some combination of picks, then might make more sense to pick up a Shattenkirk or Schultz

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Sean Durzi may be out for a bit. Wondering if there is a fit trade wise that can come in and play top four minutes on the right side and potentially QB the PP as well?
name's Barrie, Tyson Barrie

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rs not a match, Lindgren does not qb and is lefty
if there is urgency for what he brings which is in top 4, let us know
but if usual suspects are too far gone
best bet form NHL stock is likely Liljigren

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Sean Durzi may be out for a bit. Wondering if there is a fit trade wise that can come in and play top four minutes on the right side and potentially QB the PP as well?

Cam fowler can play right side, can eat mins and can qb pp. if you arnt specifically looking for a right hand shot

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Somebody call Victor Soderstrom!!! :sarcasm:

Cam fowler can play right side, can eat mins and can qb pp. if you arnt specifically looking for a right hand shot
This is appealing but I see two big hurdles:

1. NTC - not sure he’s waiving for Utah

2. Acquisition cost - Utah won’t want to give up a ton for a soon to be 33 year old.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Somebody call Victor Soderstrom!!! :sarcasm:

This is appealing but I see two big hurdles:

1. NTC - not sure he’s waiving for Utah

2. Acquisition cost - Utah won’t want to give up a ton for a soon to be 33 year old.
I think for Anaheim when he’s moved it’s ultimately to create space… right now we have a big of a log jam on LHD…. So guys like lacombe and zellweger are playing right side.

Lhd we have
Fowler, dumolin, Mintyukov, lacombe , zellweger and vaakanainen.

Also have hinds solberg and dioncicio that prob arnt far off(specifically hinds)

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
name's Barrie, Tyson Barrie

Doubt Calgary would trade him already. Plus he's taken a huge step back the last two years.

Liljegren is interesting but the cost of acquisition is more interesting. Toronto will have a tough time moving him due to his $3M cap hit. If the acquisition cost is negligible and it's more so a move to create cap space for Toronto, then I could see Utah being interested.

There's a lot to like on Utah's roster -- in a perfect (and unrealistic) world, Liljegren+ gets you Hayton. As another poster mentioned, maybe it's as simple as McBain-Liljegren; which of course brings up the question of whether or not McBain is a material upgrade on what Pontus Holmberg brings in a #3C position.

Utah's not doing either of these deals.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Afterthought:
Lindgren not close enuf but zac jones is
lefty shot but plays either side
young
is good skater, does qb ing
we have fox for that
he is good depth, useful, but not indispensable

think he was like a 3rd? [from memory, forgive]
Jones + 4th for a likely to be late 2nd?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad