Value of: Tony DeAngelo's next contract?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
TDA is out for a month due to injury so do you mean if the Canes stumble without him then his price jumps up? If they continue their strong play then it goes down?

To some extent, yes.

They are a good team without TDA, but if they are winning games, but struggling to score consistently where he was integral,

He was pacing 60+ points from the D position.

If they stumble on the PP, there is a direct correlation

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
To some extent, yes.

They are a good team without TDA, but if they are winning games, but struggling to score consistently where he was integral,

He was pacing 60+ points from the D position.

If they stumble on the PP, there is a direct correlation

Yes, 100% agree. He is the straw that stirs the drink on the PP. Canes have great forwards and offensive firepower to theoretically be able to score without him but TDA is so good at being mobile on the blue line and opening up lanes and space for the other guys to operate. Definitely don't have another D-man who is capable of that. Slavin is pretty good at that in his own right but obviously not on the same level and he's on the left side so that kind of throws some things off.

Sounds crazy but I wouldn't mind seeing Necas take over the TDA roll and then maybe move Svech off of PP1 and replace him with Slavin.

Trochek/Aho/TT
Slavin - Necas

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
soon as a player gets a stigma, its hard to cash in on just pure performance. his best bet is to lock it down long term to a cap hit that doesnt handcuff his team to being stuck in cap hell. He can play, right now, who knows what the future holds.. he found a place that works, but if he tries to nickle and dime them he could limit his other options.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't think it's wise to go long term with him. He's had a Great year and is staying focused but that could change. You give him more than 3 yrs I think you're gambling.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I don't think it's wise to go long term with him. He's had a Great year and is staying focused but that could change. You give him more than 3 yrs I think you're gambling.

This is not a great year.

This is who TDA is. A premier offensive defender with defensive holes and what we can only hope is just a checkered past and straight and narrow future.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
This is not a great year.

This is who TDA is. A premier offensive defender with defensive holes and what we can only hope is just a checkered past and straight and narrow future.

For a guy who was all but run out of the game, I think you have to put it in perspective. He came into this year with few if not only one option. He's going to come out of it with more than that. To me, that's a great year. I know he made his own bed, but this was some of the worst asset management in hockey history on the part of Gorton and JD.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
For a guy who was all but run out of the game, I think you have to put it in perspective. He came into this year with few if not only one option. He's going to come out of it with more than that. To me, that's a great year. I know he made his own bed, but this was some of the worst asset management in hockey history on the part of Gorton and JD.

I do not deny this at all.

They tanked his value with how it was handled.

But, I'm happy he is in a situation that is beneficial to him and team. Much like Miller got a wake up call on his trade to Vancouver, maybe this was a wake up call for TDA getting parked for a year and bought-out.

I hope so, anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad