Value of: Tony Deangelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
The ones that got him suspended in juniors and hindered his draft stock, which were never reported, but if you'd like to rewatch the video of Tony's father talking about it you can ruminate on the word in question and where apples fall in relation to the trees they grow on.
What his dad said doesn't matter. So you have no specific quote or what not. I could be mistaken though what was reported by Larry Brooks was an ethnic slur or something to that effect.

Had he sad what you think he said it would have been reported 100x over.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
What his dad said doesn't matter. So you have no specific quote or what not. I could be mistaken though what was reported by Larry Brooks was an ethnic slur or something to that effect.

Had he sad what you think he said it would have been reported 100x over.

*His team AND the OHL suspended him twice and his team declined to comment further, and it's not like the internal workings of the 2013-14 Sarnia Sting were national f***ing news. You can figure it out. You're smart.

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I like Forsling. But running a pp? Im going with tda
And that is your preference, but the rest of your information on Ekblad and the Panthers, is out to lunch. You should refrain from "informing" posters about teams you clearly do not follow close enough.

Ekblad plays top pairing, is primarily used 5v5 versus top lines, and on the PK, this is clearly not a replacement fit with TDA.

Reactions: Mase

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
*His team AND the OHL suspended him twice and his team declined to comment further, and it's not like the internal workings of the 2013-14 Sarnia Sting were national f***ing news. You can figure it out. You're smart.
As I said earlier if he said what you think he said you would be able to find that rather easily don't you think? You can figure it out. Your smart.

• Haha
Reactions: MXD

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Tony's biggest issue is that there's only one Jaccob Slavin and last year he wasn't playing with him. That left him VERY exposed even when paired with two other very good dmen in Orlov and Skjei. He faired a bit better with Skjei between the two, and when I say better I mean "if he's productive on the PP you can maybe justify 3rd pairing ice time".

Reactions: Tryamw and cptjeff

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
As I said earlier if he said what you think he said you would be able to find that rather easily don't you think? You can figure it out. Your smart.

No, I don't think it would be, and I explained why in the post you quoted. I'll retract my endorsement of your abilities simply for the missed contraction.

The guy sucks at playing defense and has caused more headaches than he was worth on every team he's been on. If you want to nail yourself to some stupid culture war cross over that shit, go on ahead.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Tony's biggest issue is that there's only one Jaccob Slavin and last year he wasn't playing with him. That left him VERY exposed even when paired with two other very good dmen in Orlov and Skjei. He faired a bit better with Skjei between the two, and when I say better I mean "if he's productive on the PP you can maybe justify 3rd pairing ice time".
I'm absolutely not challenging your assertion by the way, but I'll point out that, he needs to play with a Brady Skeji to make him look like an NHL, that means he's not really a legit-NHL'er.

Reactions: DaveG

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Kinda surprised he hasnt signed anywhere yet. Right handed dman who is uber talented offensively, has some snarl to his game and all around great locker room guy (only national leaguer who would disagree is georgiev).

If florida moves ekblad have to imagine he signs there to run the PP. dallas was dumb to not sign him instead of Nils. And kinda surprised we havent heard him linked to anaheim who could really use him
I think this is a sarcasm post with some of the details, Not going down this path again.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
He keeps getting acquired by teams that hope they can cure his issues.
Sadly, as many organizations have found out, that is not the logical choice.
If another team is ready to take a chance on him, best of luck to them. At this point, it might be better for him to look overseas for a couple of years.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
No, I don't think it would be, and I explained why in the post you quoted. I'll retract my endorsement of your abilities simply for the missed contraction.

The guy sucks at playing defense and has caused more headaches than he was worth on every team he's been on. If you want to nail yourself to some stupid culture war cross over that shit, go on ahead.
Agree. What headaches did he cause On Carolina? His Flyers teammates all liked him. No issue there at all.

Yes if anyone was accused of using that racial comment you would be able to find it. To think otherwise is well foolish.

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
Any link to back that up? That's not why.

You tell me? Insubordinate to the refs is one I think.
Seems he violated the Harrasment and Abuse/Diversity Policy 3 times.

Beginning in 2013–14, DeAngelo's on-ice behavior began to overshadow his athletic performance. He was removed from the ice during the second period of the Sting's game against the Guelph Storm on January 31, 2014, and the OHL released a statement on February 14 that DeAngelo would be suspended for eight games following a violation of the league's Harassment and Abuse/Diversity Policy. The OHL statement also revealed that this was DeAngelo's second suspension that season for violating the Abuse/Diversity policy, but that this was the first time his comments were directed towards a teammate. The details of his first suspension were kept confidential.[11] Later in the season, DeAngelo received a two-game suspension for abuse of an official. He returned on March 14 for the final game of the season, against the Erie Otters, but was ejected in the third period for another abuse of an official violation.[12]

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Agree. What headaches did he cause On Carolina? His Flyers teammates all liked him. No issue there at all.

Yes if anyone was accused of using that racial comment you would be able to find it. To think otherwise is well foolish.
Zero issues in Carolina as well.

Guy was a racist ass in junior when he was a teenager, having been raised by an extremely racist father. But by every account, he has grown into a better person as an adult. People change, and change a lot as young adults, especially as they begin to experience the world and people without the filter of their parents. He's 28 now. Who here was the same person at 28 they were at 16?

Give people some grace to change. By all accounts in Carolina he's been a great teammate.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Agree. What headaches did he cause On Carolina? His Flyers teammates all liked him.
Why do you pretend like you know what every Flyer thought about this guy? Comical.

It’s not a shock that the twice bought out Angelo is still unsigned on day four of free agency. Carolina said no thanks we’re good and went out and got Ghost for three years instead :laugh:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The word he supposedly said in junior was anti semitic, not racist. Not that it makes it better but most people are clueless about what he really said. The word his Dad states was presumably the same one, not racist but anti Semitic.

He keeps getting acquired by teams that hope they can cure his issues.
Sadly, as many organizations have found out, that is not the logical choice.
If another team is ready to take a chance on him, best of luck to them. At this point, it might be better for him to look overseas for a couple of years.
Lol what’s this about? The Canes brought him twice and never had any issues with him at all, unless the issue is they didn’t trust him in his own end and didn’t want to pay him well to have a small role.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
The word he supposedly said in junior was anti semitic, not racist. Not that it makes it better but most people are clueless about what he really said. The word his Dad states was presumably the same one, not racist but anti Semitic.

Lol what’s this about? The Canes brought him twice and never had any issues with him at all, unless the issue is they didn’t trust him in his own end and didn’t want to pay him well to have a small role.
If he has become such a wonderful teammate, why hasn't he been signed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad