GDT: Tony D won't be visiting YOUR CAROLINA HURRICANES tonight because he speared someone in the Tony D

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Been some ugly wins lately. But wins are wins, especially when no one else in the Metro loses.

Even the one where we held the Tampa Bay Lightning to 0 shots for entire period, making them the only team to have 0 shots in a period this season, then went on to shut them out, score 6 goals, including a hat trick from TT?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Even the one where we held the Tampa Bay Lightning to 0 shots for entire period, making them the only team to have 0 shots in a period this season, then went on to shut them out, score 6 goals, including a hat trick from TT?

I didn’t say all the wins have been ugly, just that we’ve had a few of them lately.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Doesn’t have to be pretty every game. Just got to make sure you get the points. When a Torts team is playing the way Torts wants it never looks pretty because of how he wants his teams to play in the defensive zone.

we had a couple of our expected close calls due to brain farts and other mental lapses giving up grade a opportunities…. But we found a way to not have the puck immediately end up in our net. PK made the saves he needed to make, our guys tried to recover from their giveaways etc and here we are with another shutout.

man it’s murder in the east with teams that just don’t want to lose…. Gotta take it one game at a time and keep getting the 2 points at the end of the night….

I’ve seen a bunch of news stories about how tight the group in Boston is and how they didn’t really want to mess with the chemistry of the room at the deadline…. But we also seem to have such a good group and many of the guys are really tight with one another. Burns may still make a bone headed play here and there. it took him a while to really get our system and play more instinctually…. But wow has he been so darn good for us as the season goes along. Such a steal of a trade to not only get him but to get him at a reduced salary for the next couple years…

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Wound up taking a client to the Oilers game in Boston so recorded our game and just finished watching it. Man it’s nice to have Koochie back! Too bad ded Raanta is the reason. Also maybe it’s just me but I swear Koko has looked like twice as fast the last couple weeks than he ever did last year. He looked a bit fast earlier in the year but seems like he’s taken even more strides with his skating lately. But for those whose eyes disagree with mine flame away.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I never would have guessed I would have said this at any time during my life, but Noesen's work in front of the net on the PP is the difference between it going and not going a lot of the time. next time that unit is out there, try to iso on him and see how much abuse he takes to stay there. it's unreal that he's that pivotal. wasn't there a site that used to track screen assists? if he doesn't lead the league it would be shocking. not nearly enough credit for the grit he brings.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
14 goals in the game, scored by 13 different players. Faksa the only player with 2.
7dz7lf.jpg

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I never would have guessed I would have said this at any time during my life, but Noesen's work in front of the net on the PP is the difference between it going and not going a lot of the time. next time that unit is out there, try to iso on him and see how much abuse he takes to stay there. it's unreal that he's that pivotal. wasn't there a site that used to track screen assists? if he doesn't lead the league it would be shocking. not nearly enough credit for the grit he brings.
I noticed that last night too. Man took 738 shoves over the game it looked like.

Say what you will about the Flyers this year but they played incredibly well defensively. They got in our lanes all night and made countless hustle plays at the last second to deny tap in goals. They had nothing going offensively but were very effective in stopping Canes' cross crease passes. It rarely looked pretty for them but it worked.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Glad we won, but also glad I switched to something else (BattleBots) halfway through...only so many times I can watch us struggle to score on AHL goalies without breaking something

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad