Recalled/Assigned: Tomas Jurco

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
That's what I'm thinking but really it's pretty ridiculous to play Samuelsson over Jurco. He should stay up as long as possible.

I feel like this is a never-ending arguement. Went from Tats+Nyquist, now to Jurco/insert ____ d-man over Quincey..
Next year it'll be Mantha/Pulkk/Ironhook

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
@HeleneStJames 59s
#RedWings call up F Tomas Jurco for Thursday game at NY Rangers to offset absence of Tomas Tatar (attending father's funeral).

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
I like the fact that he is getting plenty of playing time in Grand Rapids but also seeing fairly regular time in Detroit. but I must admit I was hoping Pulkkinen would get a shot, considering it is just one game. He really has earned it. he is playing great for the Griffins.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
It feels like detroit has been playing their prospects more now than in previous years

Ouellet 3 games
Marchenko 1 game
Almquist 2 games
Jurco 7 games
Sheahan 6 games

And then I haven't counted Glendenings 21 games as he's a bit older.

Can't remember so many toung players getting a look during the 2007-2013 seasons...

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
It feels like detroit has been playing their prospects more now than in previous years

Ouellet 3 games
Marchenko 1 game
Almquist 2 games
Jurco 7 games
Sheahan 6 games

Can't remember so many toung players getting a look during the 2007-2013 seasons...

Injuries are a powerful thing.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Why did it have to be injuries to guys like Dekeyser, Ericsson, Franzen, Datsyuk, Helm?

Why are our worst players seemingly ironmen?

Seriously...Helm puts his underwear on backwards and he's out for a month...Clears could get run over by an 18 wheeler on his way down to the Joe and he still would play.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I feel like this is a never-ending arguement. Went from Tats+Nyquist, now to Jurco/insert ____ d-man over Quincey..
Next year it'll be Mantha/Pulkk/Ironhook
Sammy wouldn't be playing if we were healthy, but I don't think he should play even now. He's a scorer who doesn't score. It's a never ending argument because Holland hasn't solved this situation yet.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

Ouellet 3 games
Marchenko 1 game
Almquist 2 games
Jurco 7 games
Sheahan 6 games

1) Roster isn't as good as before

2) Injuries

3) Strongest group of prospects we've had since Franzen/Filpulla/Hudler/Kronwall etc all came through in the early/mid 2000s

4) See 2)

Johnz96*

Seriously...Helm puts his underwear on backwards and he's out for a month...Clears could get run over by an 18 wheeler on his way down to the Joe and he still would play.

Cleary would still probably be able to skate nearly as well as he used to if he allowed his injuries to heal instead of exacerbating them.

Johnz96*

Injuries are a powerful thing.

I think the Wings have been more susceptible to injuries because they are older and smaller than most teams but mostly because they dpn't have anybody to keep the flies off and other teams take advantage of that.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

cleary is all heart i will give the guy that

heart gets the real athletes through the pain that all athletes go through, some just cant hack not feeling their absolute best

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
cleary is all heart i will give the guy that

heart gets the real athletes through the pain that all athletes go through, some just cant hack not feeling their absolute best

Are some guys just aren't idiots and don't try to push an injury that can only heal with time and rest especially when they've recently been sidelined an entire season because they tried to come back too early from not letting their back fully heal. You know, using common sense and what's best for the team in the long run. Big picture.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Just what i was thinking.

Well balanced. Some size, lots of skill, good speed, and a good defensive center.

We will be seeing this again in the future.

All 3 have good speed, the only small guy on that line is fearless so its not like his size is a problem in any way.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I know people have always compared Jurco to Hossa as a possible comparison when he's done developing.

I think a better comparison for Jurco is Jakub Voracek on the Flyers. That guy has been on a tear since last year. If Jurco could eventually become a player like that it would be huge for us.

I see similarities in size, speed, and play style. Both guys are big wingers who are great puck possession players.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I know people have always compared Jurco to Hossa as a possible comparison when he's done developing.

I think a better comparison for Jurco is Jakub Voracek on the Flyers. That guy has been on a tear since last year. If Jurco could eventually become a player like that it would be huge for us.

I see similarities in size, speed, and play style. Both guys are big wingers who are great puck possession players.

Agree with this. Jurco doesn't have that extra gear at raw skating like Hossa does. But "voracek" potential isn't bad either.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

Fantastic comparison. Voracek is a 70-75pt guy right now and probably will pass 80 a couple times in his prime, if Jurco can be that for us it will be huge, and you're right in saying that he looks very similar (even development-wise, Voracek was playing similar to Jurco at his age).

Hossa is a bit lofty imo mainly because of Hossa's insane two way play

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Fantastic comparison. Voracek is a 70-75pt guy right now and probably will pass 80 a couple times in his prime, if Jurco can be that for us it will be huge, and you're right in saying that he looks very similar (even development-wise, Voracek was playing similar to Jurco at his age).

Hossa is a bit lofty imo mainly because of Hossa's insane two way play

That's where I see the disconnect most in that comparison. The defensive play.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I watched a lot of Voracek in Halifax and Columbus, Voracek had a problem with his shooting accuracy and had a tendency to pass too often in those days, doesn't really remind me of Jurco that much. They skate similarly though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad