Prospect Info: Tom Willander: 11th Overall 2023 Draft (Rogle BK J20) - Part 02

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I didn't think he was anywhere close to making the team out of camp. He had one pretty good preseason game and then a couple of absolute nothing ones.

Right now what I see is an undersized perimeter player.

He's a good prospect, to be sure, and maybe he'll score 30 goals in the NHL someday but I'll reserve 'elite goalscoring prospect' for the guys who are actually doing elite things by their draft+3. Like Boeser was, as an example.
I feel like it’s hard to judge Lekk just based on D+ whatever. His physical development seems to be behind most of folks in his draft class. I think he’ll be a good player once he grows physically a bit more.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
You aren't addressing anything anyone has actually said. No one has written him off or has said he's incapable of being a goal scorer an the NHL level.
you are the one that posted that “if my grandma had wheels she’ll be a bike” inferring the impossibility of Lekk killing it.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
you are the one that posted that “if my grandma had wheels she’ll be a bike” inferring the impossibility of Lekk killing it.
The meaning of the phrase in conversation is that one is suggesting a contingency that is remote, not impossible. At this point Lekkerimaki does not look capable of dominating at the AHL level.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
I didn't think he was anywhere close to making the team out of camp. He had one pretty good preseason game and then a couple of absolute nothing ones

Well he was virtually the last cut, so they were clearly trying to get a look at him. I believe Tocchet said they would try to get him into some games this season.

I'll take that bet. Winner gets to choose the losers' avatar for the remainder of the season?
Well @bandwagonesque? All talk?

Last edited:

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
The meaning of the phrase in conversation is that one is suggesting a contingency that is remote, not impossible. At this point Lekkerimaki does not look capable of dominating at the AHL level.
No the joke is to highlight the absurdity of hypothetical situations. I don’t find Lekk killing it in the A that absurd at all. I think a lot of us have high hopes for the kid considering his record of being the MVP for his SHL team and team Sweden.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Don’t use jokes that are made famous by celebrities?

It’s weird and premature to assume that Lekk doesnt have the capability to do so. Are we writing him off because he had an illness to start the season?

Nobody is ‘writing him off’.

I disagreed with the notion that he’s an ‘elite goal scoring prospect’ given where he’s at in his draft +3 and believe that team should be reserved for, like, Michkov or a young Boeser or whatever. JL is clearly nowhere near that level.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
It would be a monumental mistake to trade him now. Players like Brzuskewicz have clear holes in their games despite putting up numbers (as shown by his 1 assist in 7 games in the AHL) - they make for perfect trade bait.

Willander looks like a sure bet to be at least a top 4 at the NHL level, with a shot at top pairing.
Brzustewicz was a better prospect than Willander a few pages ago 😭

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Well he was virtually the last cut, so they were clearly trying to get a look at him. I believe Tocchet said they would try to get him into sunny games this season.
There are several things that could go into Lekk being a late cut. They include:

1. Your conclusion that he came close to making the team.
2. The team wanted to get as long a look at him as possible.
3. For a long while it looked like the Canucks might have to start the season using LTIR. If they were doing that than they would want to have Lekk on the season opening roster to avoid taking his potential performance bonuses into their total cap hit.
4. They wanted to showcase him, putting him with to offensive linemates in the hope he'd have good production in the preseason.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Nobody is ‘writing him off’.
I am not saying you are. Can you just scroll up and see what I was responding to???

No I am not saying that he’s an elite prospect. I just think players that has like 2nd line potential being close to the big league are pretty close to untouchable. That’s just how the league has trended and if we go big game hunting, it’s most likely going to be B level prospects. Hell look at what Guentzel got. I just don’t see Lekk or Willander going back in any trades.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I am not saying you are. Can you just scroll up and see what I was responding to???
He's not saying he didn't, he's saying no one did. You don't seem to be making a basic effort to understand what you're reading.

We can make any bet about our avatars you want, I couldn't care less if mine was Goatse or 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad