Prospect Info: Tom Willander: 11th Overall 2023 Draft (Rogle BK J20) - Part 02

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
The thing I hate about the orca is that it is a corporate logo representing orca bay and not really the Canucks and Orca bay sucks
but I think of the Sedins and the WCE instead of the corporation behind it. do I hate canucks because I think F.Aqualini mistreats his family and his staff? just a liiiittle??

So ... anybody know where a guy can go to find some info on that Willander kid? :huh: :naughty: Anybody get to see any of his first couple games, how he did, or who he's playing with or anything? I see he has 3 points in 4 games. +4.
He is exactly what this franchise needs, we gave up drafting ASP (who is all world RN) for him, so from the get go management value the kid's skating/defensive instincts over offensive pizzazz. I hope he is our Brodin, nothing tells me he is trending otherwise. Needs to bulk up to fulfill his potential.

Skating Elite
Defense Top end
Shot Above average
Compete Above average
Puck moving Average

future #2 - #3

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick Lang

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
If he can play at a $3-4 million dollar level for most of his ELC, that goes a long way to mitigating the OEL cap hit.
there is no way this is relevant. He will be under an ELC contract that maxes out on bonuses way under the numbers you suggest for the entire OEL cap hit. I do agree that his cap hit will greatly help this team, I assume starting next season.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
30 Seconds in

"I thought their logo was cool so I got a little bit nostalgic seeing up on the stage."

Q: You're an Orco logo guy not a flying skate logo guy?

"Yeah. Yeah. *appears incredulous at the question* For sure. FOR SURE. 100%. 100%."

I forgot how great of an interviewer he is. He’s going to be a fan favourite.

if he takes a lower numbered jersey like #2, 3, 4 or 5 I’m buying his jersey the moment it comes out.

Reactions: Vector

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The stick and logo jersey was pretty retro for the 1970's but can understand why it didn't really stand the test of time.

I know fans equate the flying skate logo with some of those exciting teams and Pat Quinn in the early 90's......but the Orca uniform has actually started to grow on me. Let's face it, there isn't another jersey like in all of pro sports.

The problem of course is that while everybody knows what an Orca killer whale is, nobody has a clue what a 'Canuck' actually is.

The Abbotsford Canucks have helped education a few people on the Johnny Canuck logo and how it fits with Canadian history. The problem is that there probably are a lot of people south of border who are convinced that a Canuck and an Orca are one and the same. Talk about slandering the lowly Orca.

It's too bad that the Orca Canucks logo was born out of the John McCaw and the Seattle cable company era, when the parent company was Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment. That turned off a lot of fans who just couldn't stomach the corporate connection.

I guess it's all moot. I don't see the whale jersey going anywhere any time soon.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Benson's start to the season providing that cure too.

He looks like shit out there. Should be in the AHL. Might be another Nic Petan rather than an Alex DeBrincat.

I forgot how great of an interviewer he is. He’s going to be a fan favourite.

if he takes a lower numbered jersey like #2, 3, 4 or 5 I’m buying his jersey the moment it comes out.

Would love to see him rock KB's old #3.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
but I think of the Sedins and the WCE instead of the corporation behind it. do I hate canucks because I think F.Aqualini mistreats his family and his staff? just a liiiittle??

He is exactly what this franchise needs, we gave up drafting ASP (who is all world RN) for him, so from the get go management value the kid's skating/defensive instincts over offensive pizzazz. I hope he is our Brodin, nothing tells me he is trending otherwise. Needs to bulk up to fulfill his potential.

Skating Elite
Defense Top end
Shot Above average
Compete Above average
Puck moving Average

future #2 - #3
Orca bay reminds me of McCaw and that era of not caring.

He looks like shit out there. Should be in the AHL. Might be another Nic Petan rather than an Alex DeBrincat.
That’s why you don’t rush kids

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad