Prospect Info: Tom Willander: 11th Overall 2023 Draft (Rogle BK J20) - Part 02

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
points in 3 straight is a good sign, but I still see the same puck management issues while not in high pressure situations. He needs to play a lot and get touches in high stakes situations to fix his biggest flaw. He's already a NHL player without the puck on his stick right now.
It looks like he's generating a lot more offensively this year 5 on 5. He's leading the rush into the zone and carrying the puck below the endline here and there in his games now. Last game he generated several chances playing aggressive like that, so to my eye he is getting his touches far more this year. Just a shame he didn't get PP1 duty, although judging by the last game, he's getting a fair amount of PP2 time since PP1 isn't scoring. His PP2 group looks pretty good, lots of puck movement, shot generation, and recovering loose pucks. Not a lot of globetrotting, his group really works as a unit which is good to see, and Willander is the quarterback.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
You must be in your 90's. Nobody was getting a full ride topping out at 75 mph, I don't care how good your hook was. Having played decent ball and with two guys who got money from big league teams in Aronetz and Macdonald, a guy needs a bit of cheddar to go with the looper.

I took that as that was the initial improvement after learning to pitch then the “arm strength” exploded in April after that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad