Speculation: Toews and Kane possibly traded this summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The media is terrified here to report information about Kane / Toews. Kane has a lingering injury that clearly is impacting his shot -- zero reporting. Toews has multiple health issues impacting his ability to actually skate up and down the ice -- scant reporting. Thanks, guys.
Why are player injuries/health issues so sus in Chicago?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think it's a little symbolic as well - that "turning the page" or "starting the next chapter" type of thing with everything that's been going on. While they've stepped in a large pile of shit, I do want to see the organization begin the climb back to normalcy. Not that Toews or Kane had anything to do with anything but this would be one of the final moves to really "start fresh". That said, it gives both another chance to compete which I'm sure they would appreciate.

Not sure what Patty Kane to the Penguins would look like but man alive would I love that.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
They probably wouldnt move together.

But honestly I think they both stay. Even with someone as great as Kane still is, you can tell his presence is helping the young players there

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Toews will most likely retire. He should after his last concussion.

kane is of value to a contender.

thesaadfather

Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Kane already said this week the he would like to finish his career with the Hawks. Don’t see either moving truthfully, unless Toews wants to sign elsewhere in FA.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Why are player injuries/health issues so sus in Chicago?
It's untrue and the posters oblivious I guess. How do they know Kanes dealing with an injury? Because he openly said so and it was reported.

Kane admits nagging injury isn't 'completely healed'

Toews deep dives if it was long covid or what with his autoimmune issue isn't prodded but that'd be going an extra step. It's not like a secret he was out with a concussion the past month

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Kane already said this week the he would like to finish his career with the Hawks. Don’t see either moving truthfully, unless Toews wants to sign elsewhere in FA.

Yeah I wouldn't put much weight into what they say publicly. Nobody thought keith would get moved but things change...

Once the season wraps up and they have had time to rethink there situation and see what possibilities could be out there then anything is possible. Kane I could see headed to the rangers. Toews will probably be ltir for the season

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Yeah I wouldn't put much weight into what they say publicly. Nobody thought keith would get moved but things change...

Once the season wraps up and they have had time to rethink there situation and see what possibilities could be out there then anything is possible. Kane I could see headed to the rangers. Toews will probably be ltir for the season
It's anyone's guess what Toews wants to do next season. He's clearly done, but idk if he's accepted that yet.

Reactions: Taylorst

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
It's anyone's guess what Toews wants to do next season. He's clearly done, but idk if he's accepted that yet.

I agree, once he got that massive contract he hasn't been the same player and imo last year when he was out chicago seemed to play better. I think toews is a cancer on that lockerroom...

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
It would have to be a 3 way deal with a team like Arizona retaining again to make it palatable.

I think he'd be ok at 3.5 for one year. He's still a defensively responsible 3C at this point.

IF Ottawa decides to buy-out Colin White, I could see them trying to trade him to Chicago (or another team in a more complex deal) in exchange for retaining 50% of Toews' cap (5.250) after his bonus is paid.

Instead of being stuck with a buy-out of 0.875 for 6yrs (5.250 total), they would only be on the hook for 1.450 of Toews for 1 year.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Is there a specific reason Toews needs to be moved? i.e do the Blackhawks need to make room for some upcoming contracts? Might just make sense to let his contract run out but retain 50% on Kane to maximize the return on him. Should still be able to net a decent return.

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
I just don't see Islanders having the pieces needed to make this work and have Hawks retain if needed, or at least parting with what Hawks would want.. The young core and prospects are going to be crucial to their organization going forward, unless they want to make 1 big run at the cup.

Definitely agree. Isles want to retool and keep contending but too many pieces I think we need to be moved out to acquire Kane. I can still dream.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Some major retention and/or cap dumps is the only way I can see them being moved. Kane would have some decent value but toews could be tricky. Maybe a deadline move next year?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Some major retention and/or cap dumps is the only way I can see them being moved. Kane would have some decent value but toews could be tricky. Maybe a deadline move next year?

50% retention would cost Chicago $4.03m in real cash across two seasons, which shouldn't be prohibitive. Maybe something around Toews @$5.25m for Compher ($3.5m) would work for both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad