Speculation: Toews and Kane possibly traded this summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Countdown to TradeCentre: Could Chicago move Kane and Toews? - TSN.ca

“Davidson has declared that the Blackhawks are in a rebuild. His next move is to likely have a conversation, perhaps as early as this week, with Kane and Toews’ agent Pat Brisson to start mapping out what the future for these two stars looks like.”

Who would be possible suitors? Now that it’s been confirmed the Hawks are in fact in a rebuild I can’t see either Toews or a Kane wanting to remain on the team. Toews has made it public before that he wants no part of a rebuilding team.

Kane will get a nice return though and he absolutely should be traded this summer.

Last edited:

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
Would love to see Kane go to Buffalo and help mentor the young core.
They can add a reliable top 4 defenseman in a trade/free agency and give them a year or two, wait out Boston (if Bergeron will ever retire) and Tampa to a degree, some of their main guys getting up there in age and start to get into the playoff race.

Really like the Tuch trade/addition in general.
3 potential 1sts this year to add more core depth.
Levi is trending to be a 2a/1b type goal with UPL looking promising as well.

Interesting to see who of Buffalo or Ottawa will be more competitive/successful in their rebuilds.

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
giphy-10.gif

Towels is going nowhere.

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Would love Kane to the Isles. Barzal said he's a big fan of his. Tried to emulate some of his game after Kane. Would be fun to see him play with one of his favorite players growing up

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
Toews is done. He should collect his next signing bonus and then retire. He'd only forgo 3% of his $84 million contract.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Toews is done. He should collect his next signing bonus and then retire. He'd only forgo 3% of his $84 million contract.

I think he's done too unless he's willing to take a serious pay cut. He will likely retire. He could be a high end #3 center on a contender but not at that price.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Probably. The media is bizarrely secretive about it here in Chicago, but he's had back issues, concussion issues, and maybe long Covid.
The media is terrified here to report information about Kane / Toews. Kane has a lingering injury that clearly is impacting his shot -- zero reporting. Toews has multiple health issues impacting his ability to actually skate up and down the ice -- scant reporting. Thanks, guys.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm not sure what incentive Kane has to move unless he desires a return home to Buffalo. He's already won everything there is to win and is entrenched in Chicago and still playing well. Why be a mentor to the Sabres or some other team when he can fill the same role on the Hawks? Move on from Toews and give the C to DeBrincat.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Would love Kane to the Isles. Barzal said he's a big fan of his. Tried to emulate some of his game after Kane. Would be fun to see him play with one of his favorite players growing up
I just don't see Islanders having the pieces needed to make this work and have Hawks retain if needed, or at least parting with what Hawks would want.. The young core and prospects are going to be crucial to their organization going forward, unless they want to make 1 big run at the cup.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Countdown to TradeCentre: Could Chicago move Kane and Toews? - TSN.ca

Who would be possible suitors? Now that it’s been confirmed the Hawks are in fact in a rebuild I can’t see either Toews or a Kane wanting to remain on the team. Toews has made it public before that he wants no part of a rebuilding team.

Kane will get a nice return though and he absolutely should be traded this summer.

Is this the equivalent of "no, you can't fire me because I QUIT?"

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
To clarify, the hawks are not in cap trouble so if toews has no value, the organization can just ride his contract out. But i wonder if one of the old men running a team would be interested in the potential of toews. Tho not many contenders with 5m of cap space for a high risk rental

Reactions: YP44

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Is this the equivalent of "no, you can't fire me because I QUIT?"

Toews doesn’t seem motivated anymore as a hockey player. But perhaps he could go to another club and be resurrected and find his game again, just like when Carter left LA to Pittsburgh. Doubtful but you never know.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
You give both the option of moving on should they want. Not getting much of anything for Toews even with max retention. Kane you’ll get something nice.

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Toews at 50% with 1 year left will have some value to a contender.

Regardless, both guys have full NMC so they're not going anywhere they don't want to go.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
The media is terrified here to report information about Kane / Toews. Kane has a lingering injury that clearly is impacting his shot -- zero reporting. Toews has multiple health issues impacting his ability to actually skate up and down the ice -- scant reporting. Thanks, guys.
A man's medical info is his own business. I'm always surprised we hear as much as we do about players' medical details.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad