Value of: Tobias Enstrom to Boston

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Enstrom's NMC would mean Boston would be protecting both Chara and Enstrom in the expansion draft, only to have both their contracts expire the next year. Not great asset management for Boston.

Enstrom is WPGs only good LHD. Moving him doesn't make sense for them, either.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Enstrom's NMC would mean Boston would be protecting both Chara and Enstrom in the expansion draft, only to have both their contracts expire the next year. Not great asset management for Boston.

Enstrom is WPGs only good LHD. Moving him doesn't make sense for them, either.

Chara for Enstrom it is!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Zero interest in Chara at this point in his career.

Toby being traded?

No move clause, major problem to any trade.

Any trade of Toby would immediately require the Jets to get a good top 4 lhD back in the trade (why would any team to this) or make a 2nd trade to get a good top 4 LHD. Highly unlikely we trade Toby at this point for multi reasons.

I see no trade involving Toby, sorry.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Zero interest in Chara at this point in his career.

Toby being traded?

No move clause, major problem to any trade.

Any trade of Toby would immediately require the Jets to get a good top 4 lhD back in the trade (why would any team to this) or make a 2nd trade to get a good top 4 LHD. Highly unlikely we trade Toby at this point for multi reasons.

I see no trade involving Toby, sorry.

Can't imagine anyone wanting to go from Winnipeg to Boston.:laugh:
I hope Sweens at least kicked the tires on Enstrom. He'd be a good bridge player for the kids, good vision, smooth skater etc

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
debatable.

I disagree. Chara's better offensively and defensively while playing arguably the toughest minutes in the NHL with guys like Zack Trotman and Colin Miller and only one other top 4 defencemen on the his team to boot. Chara's not a Elite #1 anymore but he's still at worst a medicore top Pairing dman in the 40-50 range. He was a workhorse last year playing 2 and a half more minutes than his #2(Krug) and almost 5 more minutes than his #3(Seidenberg).

Enstrom was 4th in ice time for Dmen on a pretty bad Jets team and doesn't provide much offence these days, he's an average top 4 dman at this point with a pretty hefty cap hit.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I disagree. Chara's better offensively and defensively while playing arguably the toughest minutes in the NHL with guys like Zack Trotman and Colin Miller and only one other top 4 defencemen on the his team to boot. Chara's not a Elite #1 anymore but he's still at worst a medicore top Pairing dman in the 40-50 range. He was a workhorse last year playing 2 and a half more minutes than his #2(Krug) and almost 5 more minutes than his #3(Seidenberg).

Enstrom was 4th in ice time for Dmen on a pretty bad Jets team and doesn't provide much offence these days, he's an average top 4 dman at this point with a pretty hefty cap hit.

Good points! No mention of the decade difference in age?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

as far end as you can get when it comes to different kinds of players. Enstrom will provide more the next 5 years in terms of his transition game and speed. Chara is going nowhere but down from here...he can be force fed minutes all you want but lets not act like thats a flattering stat. All of Winnipeg's top 4 is better than anyone on Boston save maybe Krug who is in himself a one trick offensive pony.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
as far end as you can get when it comes to different kinds of players. Enstrom will provide more the next 5 years in terms of his transition game and speed. Chara is going nowhere but down from here...he can be force fed minutes all you want but lets not act like thats a flattering stat. All of Winnipeg's top 4 is better than anyone on Boston save maybe Krug who is in himself a one trick offensive pony.

Just because Chara was still a number one Dman until he was 37 doesn't mean that Enstrom will be a good Middle pairing dman, which is what he's been the last few years, until he's 37. He's already regressing and has missed 10+ games in 5 of his last 6 seasons. Charas is better in all situations(ES,PP,PK) than Enstrom.

If you think Krug is a one trick pony then I'm sorry you don't get the chance to watch him closely because he's everything but that.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
The only top 4 defenseman from Winnipeg who is even remotely available is Myers, and that's if he recovers. No one else isn't moving for various reasons.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Toby is 7 years younger than Chara. Absolutely no interest in the giant from Boston. He is also the Jets' best LD, so there is no chance Enstrom gets moved.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Enstrom has never lived up to what many people thought he would be, he is actually paid more than Chara over the next two years, he has looked like he is declining already, Winnipeg needs him, he has a no trade clause.

I don't think a deal is there that would satisfy both teams. The Bruins are not looking to pry a 31 year old declining player as far as his stats go anyway away from a team that needs him. I think he is too old to pay a high price for considering that the Bruins are building for the future. Winnipeg would probably want to upgrade on him if they were going to move him.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Not the case.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Enstrom has never lived up to what many people thought he would be, he is actually paid more than Chara over the next two years, he has looked like he is declining already, Winnipeg needs him, he has a no trade clause.

I don't think a deal is there that would satisfy both teams. The Bruins are not looking to pry a 31 year old declining player as far as his stats go anyway away from a team that needs him. I think he is too old to pay a high price for considering that the Bruins are building for the future. Winnipeg would probably want to upgrade on him if they were going to move him.

The guy was drafted 239th. You don't think that he has lived up to that? Did anyone ever expect him to be as good as he turned out to be? Sure, he is in slow decline now, but I can't really recall anyone question his value since getting his last contract. Fill us in please......

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Chara is still a top pairing defenseman on most average teams. That would include Winnipeg. This would be a bad trade for Boston.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I think the Jets would offer him for a LD prospect (one is who is just ready to enter the NHL) who has potential to be a #4D. Would any of these fit that description and be available in a trade?:
1. Jakub Zboril
2. Joe Morrow
3. Brandon Carlo
4. Colin Miller
5. Jeremy Lauzon

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think the Jets would offer him for a LD prospect (one is who is just ready to enter the NHL) who has potential to be a #4D. Would any of these fit that description and be available in a trade?:
1. Jakub Zboril
2. Joe Morrow
3. Brandon Carlo
4. Colin Miller
5. Jeremy Lauzon

Carlo and Miller are RD.

Morrow isn't what you want. Believe me.

Zboril or Lauzon would certainly be available for a different D in WPG ;).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad