Proposal: To Jets -Easton Cowan to Leafs Cole Perfetti

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Trading for Cole Perfetti the Leafs get their 3rd centre/ future 2nd line centre.

The Jets get Easton Cowan a gritty two way forward who is one of the top prospects outside of the NHL.
Leafs don't need a future 2nd line center. McDavid is developing nicely on the Edmonton farm team and will be ready for the role in 2 years.

Last edited:

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Jets would LOVE to have Cowan, especially as they just picked up Yager since I think those two would compliment each other tremendously (and just might, for team Canada at WJC) but not at the cost of a current top 6 roster player on an actively competing and contending team.

I dont think Toronto does it either, we need those ELC years from our top prospect and Perfetti doesn't have a contract yet (which would be tough for Toronto to sign him and Robertson) and isn't good enough yet to be a 2c ahead of JT, imo.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Cowan in a interesting late 1st rd prospect, but totally unproven, I would like him but certainly not for Cole P who is far more proven. Plus Cole potentially fills the need of a center on the Jets, far more important then any winger need on the Jets. Hard no from the Jets, but no insult meant towards Cowan.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Trading for Cole Perfetti the Leafs get their 3rd centre/ future 2nd line centre.

The Jets get Easton Cowan a gritty two way forward who is one of the top prospects outside of the NHL.

0 interest in this as a leaf fan.

Perfetti is sick, but the leafs already have their top centre - Toronto should not be trading a premium asset for someone who would top out as a 2c on Toronto.

Cowan is the cheap Marner replacement that allows the leafs to better allocate their cap as early as next season.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
0 interest in this as a leaf fan.

Perfetti is sick, but the leafs already have their top centre - Toronto should not be trading a premium asset for someone who would top out as a 2c on Toronto.

Cowan is the cheap Marner replacement that allows the leafs to better allocate their cap as early as next season.
This is not a knock on the kid who I think will be a solid top six forward but if you're expecting Cowan to replace Marner you are setting yourself up for severe disappointment

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
This is not a knock on the kid who I think will be a solid top six forward but if you're expecting Cowan to replace Marner you are setting yourself up for severe disappointment

No one in leaf nation is expecting Cowan to replicate the point production of Marner - that’s Marners thing through and through. He’s a point guy.

Even if Cowan tops out at a 60 point player - it will be enough to offset the loss in points Marner provides, with the the cap savings that the leafs are in need of. Cowan is excellent off the rush, can find the open space out there, and gets to the goal mouth to finish plays. Marner is not that guy, he’s more of a finess guy like Nylander and Matthews (somewhat).

We already have our top wingers in Nylander and Knies; and Domi is excellent on the top line with Matthews.

Marner is becoming redundant in Toronto.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I thought if McDavid leaves, it will be because he wants to win?
Leaf fan saying he ain’t coming

If the Leafs added Robertson, this feels like a deal Peg should hit. Or at least consider.
I think that swings the value too far but it’s not horrible as a base , especially if there is a pic or another semi interesting player involved . I don’t think they move Cowan due to him being an elc they desperately need to offset the big boys; But if they did Perfetti would be a get potentially

aniketus

Aug 10, 2010
Winnipeg
Doesn't work the Jets also need a 2nd line center. Either it's Perfetti Yager or Lambert. They also have enough undersized prospects and wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad