TNT Panel Is Unwatchable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
It’s cringeworthy how brutal the TNT panel is.

Monotone Henry Lundqvist is about as charismatic as a fence post.

Anson Carter just sits there giggling like a jackass at everything.

Pissonnette desperately trying to be Pat McAfee Jr with his disheveled wardrobe and rambling nonsense.

Ironic that both of them were completely irrelevant players - - a career minor league scrub and a bottom of the barrel punter - - and now overcompensating as commentators.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Automatic points added to TNT because I wasnt forced to watch peoples shoe/sock combo while they're awkwardly balancing on cheap barstools with a 360° rotating camera catching all the unflattering angles possible. That was the true death of HNIC. A straight desk and knowledgeable commentators. That's all you need.

WTF were they thinking with this shit? multi-Millions if not Billions lost I'm sure. Buy me a plot of land with a clear stream of water running through it in Northern Ontario and I'll fix all your problems Rogers. It's not that hard.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I think they are fine. Remember a national telecast in the States is directed at the middle of the class, not the top. They aren't going to do deep dives on advanced stats and such.

Some of the insights Hank gives are exceptional; and his delivery is as on-point as his wardrobe.

I wasn't on board with Biz at first; I felt he didn't have an NHL pedigree, and with his main claim to fame being a podcast, thought his addition was just to lure the younger crowd.

But he has grown on me. I find his points interesting. His shtick sometimes seems forced, but he's still developing his game. He's engaging and entertaining.

Anson Carter is a bit milquetoast. I'm all for diversity and the NHL reaching new demographics. I'm just hoping he realizes he's earned his spot, is well-respected, and he doesn't always have to take the middle road. I'm not saying he needs to be JR or Milbury; but I do miss their going against the grain.

Liam is good, too, though I miss Kathryn Tappen. Liam steers the ship without getting in the way. And when he takes his glasses off, you know he's about to get serious. ;)

Reactions: Coming Home

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I think they are fine. Remember a national telecast in the States is directed at the middle of the class, not the top. They aren't going to do deep dives on advanced stats and such.

Some of the insights Hank gives are exceptional; and his delivery is as on-point as his wardrobe.

I wasn't on board with Biz at first; I felt he didn't have an NHL pedigree, and with his main claim to fame being a podcast, thought his addition was just to lure the younger crowd.

But he has grown on me. I find his points interesting. His shtick sometimes seems forced, but he's still developing his game. He's engaging and entertaining.

Anson Carter is a bit milquetoast. I'm all for diversity and the NHL reaching new demographics. I'm just hoping he realizes he's earned his spot, is well-respected, and he doesn't always have to take the middle road. I'm not saying he needs to be JR or Milbury; but I do miss their going against the grain.

Liam is good, too, though I miss Kathryn Tappen. Liam steers the ship without getting in the way. And when he takes his glasses off, you know he's about to get serious. ;)

That might explain why TNT has these three clowns on the panel - - because they’re dumb enough to be understood by casual American hockey fans. Is that why Lundqvist speaks so slowly?

The HNIC panel is light years better than the laughable TNT hacks. Breaking down plays like they do on HNIC is obviously way brother comprehension of the “fans” who need a blue vapour trail following the puck.

Reactions: Barrsy and Faterson

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
That might explain why TNT has these three clowns on the panel - - because they’re dumb enough to be understood by casual American hockey fans. Is that why Lundqvist speaks so slowly?

The HNIC panel is light years better than the laughable TNT hacks. Breaking down plays like they do on HNIC is obviously way brother comprehension of the “fans” who need a blue vapour trail following the puck.
glow puck was awesome, are you one of those people that doesn't wear a poppy?

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
It’s the best hockey broadcast AINEC, WAY better than Sportsnet/HNIC
Maybe its because I watch them regularly, but I much prefer the Sportsnet crew. I like all of Bieksa, Hrudey, Friedman etc. and all their stories and breakdown of games.

Reactions: Kleefeld

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Anson Carter is the problem. He’s so f***ing awkward, it makes the whole thing unwatchable. Replace him with literally anyone who has an ounce of self-awareness.

Reactions: Seattle King

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It’s cringeworthy how brutal the TNT panel is.

Monotone Henry Lundqvist is about as charismatic as a fence post.

Anson Carter just sits there giggling like a jackass at everything.

Pissonnette desperately trying to be Pat McAfee Jr with his disheveled wardrobe and rambling nonsense.

Ironic that both of them were completely irrelevant players - - a career minor league scrub and a bottom of the barrel punter - - and now overcompensating as commentators.
Guaranteed it's not as cringeworthy as this thread being created as an overreaction to the Leafs losing.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad