Titanfall 2

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This one part in the campaign (where you are fighting the Viper titan) made me rage so hard that i almost broke something and decided to say **** it and watched the rest of the campaign on youtube.

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014
Only played some of the campaign and it's pretty good so far. Platforming, interesting levels and switching between titan and pilot combat makes it stand out.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I thought campaign was a blast, though pretty short. Played on the second hardest difficulty the first time, plan on trying on the hardest pretty soon. Without spoilers, there were a couple of levels in the middle that were just fantastic. Probably pretty obvious which ones I'm referring to.

This one part in the campaign (where you are fighting the Viper titan) made me rage so hard that i almost broke something and decided to say **** it and watched the rest of the campaign on youtube.

Yeah, I had a LOT of trouble with this, not helped by the fact that I got a pretty bad checkpoint without much life at one point. Had to use a particular titan with the shield to block the missiles before firing away.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I finally got around to trying Titanfall 2 and holy crap is it fun, both the campaign and multiplayer.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
I really enjoy the multiplayer in this game, but there seems to be so few people playing.

Same sort of issue that the original had...

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I need to get playing some more TF2 (hmm.. there's already a TF2, TiFa2?) again. Was just doing the SP campaign but had some trouble with the first major boss.
Looks like I need to learn how to use the Tone loadout better from reading about it, as I was sticking with the Expedition for that fight.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Excellent PvP and Campaign IMO.

Trying to learn how to use Scorch as my main Titan, but there are some maps where he's just not a viable option. I'll use Ronin for those maps.

Still trying to develop good strategies against Tone, she is IMO the most difficult titan to challenge.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Honestly, if done right, Scorch can total Tone. I actually like Scorch over the other Titans so far.

Scorch IMO needs the right map and area to be able to handle Tone. Her Particle Wall in open spaces doesn't allow you to engage effectively from certain distances. Normally you can bounce your thermite around walls, but if it's in an open field you don't have that option.

In game modes like Last Titan Standing against good players, I believe Scorch has the hardest time of all Titan's building his core, so you really have to play smart with him. IN attrition however, he build's cores for days.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Got past the first boss using Tone. That was way easier.

Now trying to get past the Reapers in the simulation room. I really wish I was playing m/kb lol

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Started this last night and I am surprised at how much I like it. The campaign looks great (I'm only in the first part so far), and a few games in the multiplayer were really fun. Looking forward to more.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I wish I could play more, but having a job hasn't helped :(. Also, playing The Division with my girlfriend and friends had been something we've been doing as of late as well. I still think Titanfall 2 and Doom are my favorite shooters of the year.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah jobs really get in the way, don't they?

I'm getting better with Tone. Easily my favourite, although I need to give some more time to Legion.

My pilot vs pilot is getting better too, but I'm still pretty horrible on foot. :laugh:

I've taken to throwing down a shield wall and spraying like a madman with the Devotion at anything that moves. Fairly effective, if a bit cowardly. ;)

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Just got this on PS4. I have no clue what I'm doing but it's pretty fun so far.

I play mainly amped hardpoint. Is it ever a good idea to enable something else over the grapple? I tried to play around with different loadouts but it just feels like not being able to grapple enemy titans or use it when moving around is too much of a loss.

zingbo2133

Jun 11, 2009
London, Ontario
I use the sonar one a lot socially playing Hard point let's you know if anyone it's camping a point when going in

Edit not sonar but pulse blade

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
I've actually become a big fan of the shield on some game modes, but I do feel a bit guilty hiding behind it and firing a barrage of bullets at anything that moves. :laugh:

No matter what I pick, though, I always miss the grappling hook.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So this game has aged well

The frontier defense mode (horde) is fun, although it's biased towards certain Titans like Scorch. You get chassis upgrades for grinding. It'd be nice to have that in the base game but some of them are pretty OP.

The TTK is still not very fun in PvP and some of the maps are questionable but this game is what COD wishes it could be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad