Titanfall 2

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Probably, I'm just wondering what it took to get EA to allow such heresy.

I'm thinking more that BF can get away with doing all their DLC because it's an established franchise and they can pretty much get away with anything. Now that Titanfall 2 is also on the PS4, they probably allowed Respawn to choose all the DLC options and whatnot for the game so that it will reach the most amount of people and looking like the good guy while doing it. Basically, EA needs Titanfall 2 to do even better than the first one and really establish the series. That's my take on.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
played 2 hours of SP and a few MP games. feels really REALLY fun so far

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
So Amazon ****ed up my pre-order. The game got to me today, but they never sent the pre-order bonus. They asked me to possibly wait till Monday for the code, but in compensation they gave me an extra month free of Prime.

Will be playing it tonight when I get home.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
I'm thinking more that BF can get away with doing all their DLC because it's an established franchise and they can pretty much get away with anything. Now that Titanfall 2 is also on the PS4, they probably allowed Respawn to choose all the DLC options and whatnot for the game so that it will reach the most amount of people and looking like the good guy while doing it. Basically, EA needs Titanfall 2 to do even better than the first one and really establish the series. That's my take on.

To be fair, I'm surprised BF1 got away without micro transactions at launch. :laugh:

Pleasantly, of course.

RCR86

May 29, 2014
Sooo... I pre-ordered the vanguard edition as soon as it opened upon Amazon. Amazon waits until THIS morning to send me an email that they want me to approve a later delivery date because they ran out of stock. Thanks, Amazon.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Titanfall's creators wanted to do free DLC for TF1 but EA overruled them. Then the playerbase got splintered and EA had already made their money, so they allowed Respawn to make it free. This time clearly Respawn won the argument pointing out how detrimental it was before.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Was having server connection issues yesterday when I got off work early and just wanted to play. Not sure if it was just me, couldn't find anymore information.

But I have been enjoying myself with the MP. I never played the first as I only have a PS4. It's nice to to take a break from Overwatch solo and just be able to play this by myself for a bit.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
having a blast with this. its everything I wanted TF1 to be

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The rest of the SP:

BF1 easily blown away, COD:Infinite has a high bar to clear, doubt they do it. The campaign is basically a love letter to Portal 2 in terms of storytelling and level design it feels like. A little short but really worth playing.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I'm thinking of picking up this game on black friday, but I was wondering if the xbox playerbase is still strong. I heard PC wasn't doing too well, but if not many people are playing on xbox as well I don't know if I want to buy a game that won't last very long.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Xbox store's Black Friday deals started early I think that's why it's at it's current price.

Also, am I the only one that thinks this game would be much better without the Titans half the time?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Both gameplay aspects, on foot and in titans, are stellar. Goes to show what good developers can do to improve on a tried and true system of gameplay (of sorts).

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Played the beta and enjoyed it. I'll probably pick it up for cheap on EA Access. I think the problem is for at least Xbox is too many titles released at the same time. BF1, Gears, COD, ect. All the sports game as well. Some of these guys need to get on an April release schedule.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Titanfall 2 I think is going to be $30 on Black Friday?

Looks like Origin started the Black Friday sale early too.

Although it's ~$50 Canadian. I picked it up anyway.

Looking forward to playing it. Really enjoyed the first one...well except for those damn smart pistols :laugh:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The Smart Pistols are now a much higher level boost that you need to get enough points to even use, and even then, it only has 2 12 mag clips. It's not a common gun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad