Value of: Timothy Liljegren to the Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
Except he was.

Bob Mackenzie's first preview at the beginning of last season had the Finns and Mathews ahead and Chychrun in the mix for top five. He was talked up as the best defenseman in the draft, not in the top tier of the draft.

I challenge anyone who thinks Patrick (the RNH comparison is silly) doesn't project as an elite center or Liljegren a 1D to provide evidence. Show me the scouts that doubt either of these talents.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Bob Mackenzie's first preview at the beginning of last season had the Finns and Mathews ahead and Chychrun in the mix for top five. He was talked up as the best defenseman in the draft, not in the top tier of the draft.

I challenge anyone who thinks Patrick (the RNH comparison is silly) doesn't project as an elite center or Liljegren a 1D to provide evidence. Show me the scouts that doubt either of these talents.

Pretty much this.

There is always going to be at least 1 dman talked up a lot. Hanifin dropped to 5 because maybe that's where he belonged. He was probably never in the contention for #3 but people were led to believe that because he was a dman and now looking back, he has probably higher potential than any dman from the 2016.

I fully agree with the GMs who said that they don't think there was a #1 dman in the 2016 draft. There is of course the possibility of a Subban or Letang emerging from the drafts but not every draft will have a dman with #1 potential and upside shown already at age 17~ (Liljegren might have that, at least in comparison to Juolevi, Sergachev or Chychrun).

There is no shame in getting a solid #2 dman in the top 10 though. Would people be happy if they drafted a player who turned out to be Stralman, Hjalmarsson, Shattenkirk, Byfuglien with their top 10 pick. I think most people would. There aren't even 30 of those to go around.

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
wheres the value when the leafs are gonna draft him for free?? No need in trading any assets

Bfreezy40

Dec 17, 2014
Buffalo
Leaf fans no way you guys tank this year. You guys added to much talent. Plus wasting Matthews Rookie year like that is bad. At least the Sabres 2 tank years we were able to send Reinhart back to Jr's for a year. Which helped his development instead of keeping him to suffer through our tank for Eichel

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I think all teams that tank on purpose should lose out on the lottery. Karma straight up b******!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad