Confirmed Signing with Link: [UTA] F Tij Iginla signs ELC with the Utah Hockey Club (3 years, $975k AAV)

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Knowing his family he's gonna be a good kid and a hard working player. I'm actually glad he didn't end up in Calgary, he's better off without the pressure of trying to live up to his father's legacy. Calgary has a pretty relaxed fanbase but that's still a big mountain to climb. Hope he becomes a star and comes home when he hits UFA (and the Flames are contenders by then?).

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I think he's going to be one hell of a player. I was fully on board if the Habs took him at #5. He's got a lot of little things to his game beyond the goal scoring that I like. He's got a bit of that "it factor" going for him too. I wish one of my teams could've landed him, but I'm alright that Utah got him since there's no bad blood. Congrats on the signing to the Iginla family and Utah fans!

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Good job by the Yetaaaaaaaah!!!!!!

yeti.jpg

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Now list the hundreds of rushed players.

There doesn’t need an explanation. 99% of 18 year olds are not ready for the NHL in this day and age unless you are some sort of elite superstar, which he isn’t.
who told you hes playing in nhl?

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I think ALL of the Coyote fans on HF followed the team to Utah. RT and a few others set up a new site to cover the team. It is pretty great.
No they didn’t, and it’s sad to see just how little the ones that did actually cared about Arizona in the end. Still cheering for a team after it’s been stripped of its identity and everything that made being of fan of it different from other teams. I don’t get it, and I never will. I loved the coyotes for all my life andwill never root for Utah.

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Not really, and it’s sad to see just how little any of them actually cared about Arizona in the end. Still cheering for a team after it’s been stripped of its identity and everything that made being of fan of it different from other teams. I don’t get it, and I never will. I loved the coyotes for all my life andwill never root for Utah.
Well, I came over from Jets 1.0. So I am now on my second relocation.

I am a FAN of the team. I dont cheer for the city. Never bee n to Arizona. Not likely to travel to Utah either. I cant just stop caring after cheering for Keller and Crouse and getting excited by the team GM Bill is building with Cooley and Guenther and Maccelli and McBain and But and Simashev and Mavoureux et al

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Now list the hundreds of rushed players.

There doesn’t need an explanation. 99% of 18 year olds are not ready for the NHL in this day and age unless you are some sort of elite superstar, which he isn’t.
Holy smokes! This is some incredibly wise, poignant, and cogent analysis of this player and his contractual situation. My mind is literally blown by the case you've laid out before us today and I feel enlightened and empowered after reading it. Consider me, and probably the rest of everyone here too, convinced of any and all points you were trying to make.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Knowing his family he's gonna be a good kid and a hard working player. I'm actually glad he didn't end up in Calgary, he's better off without the pressure of trying to live up to his father's legacy. Calgary has a pretty relaxed fanbase but that's still a big mountain to climb. Hope he becomes a star and comes home when he hits UFA (and the Flames are contenders by then?).

Agreed.

I dont think it would have been good for him or the Calgary fanbase to go there.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Demidov was not on the board, I wanted the Habs to take Iggy. Really like his potential as well. Congratulations to Utah and Tij. I think this will be a great draft pick.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No they didn’t, and it’s sad to see just how little the ones that did actually cared about Arizona in the end. Still cheering for a team after it’s been stripped of its identity and everything that made being of fan of it different from other teams. I don’t get it, and I never will. I loved the coyotes for all my life andwill never root for Utah.

Very sad that the Coyotes couldn't rebuilt properly and ice a competitive roster. Not much of a product to get the bandwagon fans to jump in on. I was at a few games before and I thought the atmosphere was great. "Bad Moon Rising" was cool.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Congrats to him. I think him and Josh Doan are going to do a fantastic job at growing the game of hockey and popularizing Utah HC in Utah. It's an interesting coincidence that they're both kids from strong hockey lineages and are both Christians, even though I know their religion obviously has nothing to do with why the Coyotes drafted Josh and why Utah HC drafted Tij. I just mean that culturally they'll probably mesh pretty well with the fanbase.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Congrats to him. I think him and Josh Doan are going to do a fantastic job at growing the game of hockey and popularizing Utah HC in Utah. It's an interesting coincidence that they're both kids from strong hockey lineages and are both Christians, even though I know their religion obviously has nothing to do with why the Coyotes drafted Josh and why Utah HC drafted Tij. I just mean that culturally they'll probably mesh pretty well with the fanbase.
I know Shane Doan personally. He's the real deal in regards to his faith. I've heard the same about Iginla, but don't know him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad